Activities Development Planning & General Affairs Trade & Investment Culture & Tourism PR & Awareness ASEAN Hall
News Newsletter Press Releases
INFORMATION & DATA Muju (Taekwondowon) and Seoul, Republic of Korea [COMPLETE] 2016.01.25 ~ 2016.01.31
The ASEAN-Korea Centre will be organizing the ‘ASEAN-Korea Youth Taekwondo Cultural Exchange Camp’ in cooperation with the Taekwondo Promotion Foundation. We would like to request for your participation as a volunteer in the following program:
Date: 25-31 January 2016
Venue: Muju (Taekwondowon) and Seoul, Republic of Korea
Participants: 60 ASEAN Youth (13-18 years old) and 10 Korean Youth (16-18 years old)
Volunteers: 10 ASEAN students in Korea
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as a Team Leader for students
2. Participate actively in all activities
3. Provide Operational Assistance
4. (Optional) Contribute in promoting the Program
e.g. Create a video/article/blog materials based on your experience of the Program
Note: Transportation, meals and accommodation will be provided by the Centre.
A Certificate of Participation will be given to selected candidates.
How to Apply:
Online Application: http://tiny.cc/aktaekwondo
*Application Period will run from December 28, 2015 - January 13, 2016.
*Announcement of results will be on January 18, 2016.
*Orientation of the selected candidates will be held on January 20, 2016.
COME JOIN US AND LEARN SOME TAEKWONDO!
● Taekwondo possess a culture which focuses on physical self defense and provides participants a sense of fellowship by completing the workshop/trainings together. Taekwondo training programs can effectively contribute in bringing together the youth of ASEAN and Korea, helping them build character and understand the importance of cooperation.
● Taekwondo training programs will provide a good opportunity for participants of ASEAN and Korea to be part of a global network, through the online community platform of the Taekwondo programs, to foster and sustain a long-term relationship with each other.
● To further enhance genuine friendship and strengthen networks among the youth of ASEAN and Korea through cultural exchange and Taekwondo programs
● To raise awareness on the relationship of ASEAN and Korea for the youth of ASEAN and Korea
3. Outline of the Program
● Date: 25 - 31 January 2016
● Venue: Muju(Taekwondowon) and Seoul, Republic of Korea
● Participants: 80 Korean and ASEAN youth *
1) ASEAN-based students: 60 persons (Youths who are 13~18 years of age from 10 ASEAN member nations)
2) Korea-based students: 20 persons (10 Korean youths who are 16~18 years of age in High School, 10 ASEAN university students residing in Korea)
● Activities: Taekwondo Workshop, Special Lectures, ASEAN Fashion Show, Site-visit to ASEAN-Korea Centre and MBC World etc.
● Organizer: Taekwondo Promotion Foundation
● Co-operator: ASEAN-Korea Centre
● Sponsor: ASEAN-ROK Future Oriented Cooperation Project Fund
● Language: English
Programs Contents & Schedule (Tentative)
|Date / Time||Details||Venue|
|00:00~18:00||- Arrive at Incheon Int Airport (Move to Taekwondowon)||Taekwondowon Muju, Korea|
|20:00||- Admission Ceremony and Event Orientation (Introduction of Event)|
|09:00~18:00||- Taekwondowon Programs①② |
(Tour of Taekwondowon, Basic postures of taekwondo)
|18:00~20:00||- Welcome Dinner|
|09:00~16:00||- Taekwondowon Programs③④ |
(Taekwondo Etiquette, Experience Center Yap!)
|16:30~17:30||- Special Lecture - ASEAN Nations Ambassador to Korea |
(Topic : Future of adolescents exchange in ASEAN-KOREA)
|19:00~21:00||- Movie Screening|
|09:00~16:00||- Taekwondowon Programs⑤⑥ |
(Together Taekwondo, Community Games)
|16:30~17:30||- Introduce to Culture of ASEAN-KOREA / Presentation|
|19:00~21:00||- Practice of Cultural Exchange Event|
|09:00~16:00||- Muju Resort Ski experience|
|16:00~21:00||- View Taekwondo Demonstration & Culture Exchange Event |
(K-tiger, ASEAN Music and Fashion Show etc.)
|08:00~11:30||- Move to Seoul||Seoul, Korea|
|12:00~13:00||- Site-visit of ASEAN-Korea Centre |
- Closing Ceremony (Screen Highlights Movie, Award, Photo)
|13:00~14:00||- Closing Reception (Hosted by AKC) (Gwanghwamun Seven Springs)|
|15:00~17:00||- Site-visit of MBC World (Hallyu Theme Park)|
|18:00~19:00||- Namsan Tower (Observatory)|
|19:00~20:00||- Dinner |
|20:00~21:00||- Free time (Shopping in Myeongdong)|
|21:30||- Hotel check-in (Hyundai Residence)|
|08:00~15:00||- Hotel check-out and departure|