[Job Posting] Senior Officer
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is currently seeking for Senior Officer of ASEAN and Korean nationality to lead the programs of the ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC).
The ASEAN Korea Centre is an intergovernmental organization established with the aim to promote economic and socio-cultural exchanges among Korea and the ten ASEAN member states. AKC implements various projects to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between the two regions through increasing trade volume, investment promotion, invigorating tourism and cultural exchange. The Centre is located in Seoul and the main operating language of the Centre is English. Please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on our Centre’s projects and detailed explanation about the Units.
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Position||Duties and responsibilities|
Senior Officer of
Lead the program planning and execution of the Unit, and conduct research under the guidance of line manager to promote culture, tourism, and people to people exchanges between the ASEAN and Korea
- Bachelor´s degree in Culture or Tourism, International Relations, International Studies, Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution. Master´s degree in a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in culture or tourism related organizations, international (inter-governmental) organizations or the government is required.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean; knowledge of another ASEAN languages is an advantage.
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Employment Period: 1 year
* The contract period may be extended depending on the applicant’s work performance and his/her willingness.
- Gross Salary per annum: KRW 48,700,000 ~ KRW 54,700,000
* The above salary includes lunch allowance and transportation subsidy.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Welfare card, Medical Examination, Club activity, etc.
- Expected starting date: Negotiable
- Working hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will follow the step of:
- 1st round: Document review
- 2nd round: : English writing test and In-person Interview
- 3rd round: : Health screening
* The schedule can be changed according to the number of applicants and the recruitment progress. Successful candidates for the first screening and the final will be notified individually. Those who passed the first screening must bring their ID card on the second screening and must arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
* Please be sure to apply before the submission due date to prevent network congestion, and make sure to check that your application has been successfully applied.
How to Apply
- Application should be submitted on-line (http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr)
- Application Deadline: 27 December 2020, 18:00
* Applicants are fully responsible for any disadvantages that may incur due to errors and omissions in the information provided.
- For any other inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
The required documents below are to be submitted after the final offer
- Graduation Certificate
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In case there has been an error in filling out the application form, the applicants will be subject to unfavorable measures. If there has been found any grounds for disqualification (false allegations of qualification, health issues, etc.), the Centre may withdraw from the notification of the final result, even in case the results have already been announced.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highly scored applicant may be determined to fill in the vacancy.
- Applicants may not be employed if there is no suitable applicant.