Job Posting 2021-04-19
[Job Posting] Project Assistant
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is seeking a Project Assistant of ASEAN and Korean nationality to assist the organization, coordination and implementation of People-to-People(P2P)/Academic Exchanges Programs under the IDU* of the ASEAN-Korea Centre.
* Information and Data Unit (IDU) is in charge of Public Relations (media and digital communication, website and online publications) and P2P/Academic Exchanges (Next Generation programs including youth related activities and Information Exchange programs including academic seminars etc.)
About the Organization
The ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC) is an Intergovernmental Organization mandated to promote economic and socio-cultural cooperation between Korea and the 10 ASEAN Member States. With a vision to build a lasting and genuine partnership between ASEAN and Korea, the programs of the AKC are geared towards increasing trade, promoting investment, invigorating tourism and expanding culture and people-to-people exchanges. The Centre is located in Seoul and the main language of operation is English and Korean. Please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on AKC’s programs.
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Position||Duties and responsibilities||Expected start date|
|Project Assistant of Information and Data Unit (IDU)|
Assist in Centre’s work programs to raise public awareness on ASEAN-Korea relations and promote exchanges among ASEAN-Korea youth and academic community.
This includes among others, but not limited to the following:
· Supporting overall implementation of activities under P2P/Academic Exchanges programs;
· Supporting the organization and coordination of on/offline youth and academic events;
· Supporting research work and updating of data/information;
· Supporting the drafting and translation of documents;
· Supporting other related administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution
- Relevant experience in research projects, community outreach, public diplomacy or related field in public or private research institutions/agencies or government organizations is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean.
- Proficiency in MS office and graphic design skills are preferred.
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Employment Period: 6 months
- Gross Salary per month: KRW 2,067,500
* The above salary includes lunch and transportation allowance.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Club activity, etc.
- Starting Date: May 2021 (negotiable)
- Working Hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will be as follows:
- 1st round: Document review
- 2nd round: On-site English writing test and Interview
- 3rd round: Health screening
* Schedule may change depending on the number of applicants and the recruitment process. Candidates who pass each round will be notified individually. Those who pass the first round must bring their ID cards for the second round and arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
* We recommend that you submit the application before the final hour of the deadline to avoid network congestion, and make sure that your application has been successfully submitted.
How to Apply
- All applications will be received on-line via http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr
- Application Deadline: Until 18:00, April 29, 2021
* Applicants are fully responsible for the contents of their applications and may be disadvantaged if there are incorrect information/errors and omissions in the application.
- For further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents to be submitted following final offer of employment
The documents below are to be submitted after the final offer
- Graduation Certificate (or certificate of enrollment if not yet graduated)
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate (if he or she has working experience)
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In the event of discovery of incorrect information/error and/or cheating in the application form and interview, the relevant applicant will be disqualified. In the event the discovery of such grounds for disqualification occurs after the results have been announced, the Centre will withdraw its final offer.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highest scoring applicant may be considered for employment.
- If, after the recruitment process, there is no suitable applicant, the Centre may decide not to make any employment offers and re-start the recruitment process.