Job Posting 2021-07-21
[Job Posting] Officer
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is currently seeking for Officer of ASEAN and Korean nationality to lead the programs of the ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC).
The ASEAN Korea Centre is an intergovernmental organization established with the aim to promote economic and socio-cultural exchanges among Korea and the ten ASEAN member states. AKC implements various projects to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between the two regions through increasing trade volume, investment promotion, invigorating tourism and cultural exchange. Please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on our Centre’s projects and detailed explanation about the Units.
- Officer (Vacancy: 2 persons)
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
- Devise and support various programs to establish and maintain positive relations between Korea and ten ASEAN member States.
- Develop and implement ASEAN related programs and activities.
(Area: Culture & Tourism, Trade & Investment, External relations etc.)
- Do research and information gathering on ASEAN related issues.
- Support overall administrative tasks for the programs.
* Please note that the two selected candidates will be designated to one of the four Units of the AKC, depending on the qualifications of the candidates and the need of the AKC.
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations, Culture or Tourism, Political Science, Language, Communication or a related field from an accredited academic institution. Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean; knowledge of another ASEAN languages is an advantage.
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Fixed-term contract of 1 year
* Contract may be extended after one year following review of work performance.
- Gross Salary per annum: KRW 36,000,000 and above
* The salary can be changed depending on the qualifications and prior work experiences.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, welfare card, medical examination, club activity, etc.
- Expected starting date: August 2021 (Negotiable)
- Working hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
The recruitment process will follow the step of:
- 1st round: Document review
- 2nd round: English writing test and In-person Interview
* The schedule can be changed according to the number of applicants and the recruitment progress. Successful candidates for the first screening and the final will be notified individually. Those who passed the first screening must bring their ID card on the second screening and arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
* Please be sure to apply before the submission due date to prevent network congestion, and make sure to check that your application has been successfully applied.
How to Apply
- Application should be submitted on-line (http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr)
- Application Deadline: 27 July 2021, 23:59
* Submitted applications will not be returned, and applicants are fully responsible for any disadvantages that may incur due to errors and omissions in the information provided.
The required documents below are to be submitted after the final offer.
- Graduation Certificate
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In case there has been an error in filling out the application form, the applicants will be subject to unfavorable measures. If there has been found any grounds for disqualification (false allegations of qualification, health issues, etc.), the Centre may withdraw from the notification of the final result, even in case the results have already been announced.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highly scored applicant may be determined to fill in the vacancy.
- Applicants may not be employed if there is no suitable applicant.