Activities Development Planning & General Affairs Trade & Investment Culture & Tourism PR & Awareness ASEAN Hall
News Newsletter Press Releases
[Job Posting] Assistant Officer (IDU)
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is seeking an Assistant Officer of ASEAN and Korean nationality with proven experience to organize and implement the activities of the ASEAN-Korea Centre.
About the Organization
The ASEAN Korea Centre (AKC) is an intergovernmental organization established with the aim to promote economic and socio-cultural exchanges among Korea and the ten ASEAN member states. AKC implements various projects to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between the two regions through increasing trade volume, investment promotion, invigorating tourism and cultural exchange. Please visit the website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on the projects of the Centre and details of the organization.
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Position||Duties and responsibilities||Expected start date|
|Assistant Officer of Information and Data Unit (IDU)*|
Develop and implement PR (Public Relations) related programs and activities
ㆍ Draft press release in Korean and English
ㆍ Manage AKC’s SNS channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and create contents
ㆍ Communication with ‘AKC blog reporters’
Develop and implement academic and information exchange programs of IDU (Forums, Workshops, etc.)
* Note: Information and Data Unit (IDU) is in charge of Public Relations (media and digital communication, website and online publications) and P2P/Academic Exchanges (Next Generation programs including youth related activities and Information Exchange programs including academic seminars etc.)
- Bachelor´s degree in International Relations, Political Science, International Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution. Master´s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience in PR & Communication or related fields in international (inter-governmental) organizations, national/international institutions, government organizations and/or private companies is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean; proficiency in MS office and social media skills (video/photo editing etc.) are a plus.
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Fixed-term contract of 1 year
* Contract may be extended after one year following review of work performance, etc.
* Probation period: 3 months.
- Gross Salary per annum: KRW 38,000,000 and above.
* Gross Salary per annum includes monthly lunch allowance and transportation allowance.
* The salary can be changed depending on the qualifications and prior work experiences, in accordance with Centre´s regulation.
- Expected starting date: June 2023 (Negotiable)
- Official Working hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will follow the step of:
- 1st round: Document review
* Please be sure to apply before the submission due date to prevent network congestion, and make sure to check that your application has been successfully applied..
- 2nd round: On-site English writing test and In-person Interview
* The schedule is subject to change, according to the number of applicants and the recruitment progress. Those who passed the first screening will be notified individually.
- Final result
* The final result will be notified individually to the selected candidates.
* There will be a Health Screening process for the final candidate before the start date.
How to Apply
- Applications including all the relevant documents on-line via http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr
- Application Deadline: Until 23:59 of 21 May 2023 (Sunday)
* Applicants are fully responsible for the contents of their applications and may be disadvantaged if the application has incorrect or false information not to mention errors and omissions.
- For further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case there has been an error in filling out the application form, the applicants will be subject to unfavorable measures. If there has been found any grounds for disqualification (false allegations of qualification, health issues, etc.), the Centre may withdraw from the notification of the final result, even in case the results have already been announced.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highest scoring applicant may be considered for employment.
- If, after the recruitment process, there is no suitable applicant, the Centre may decide not to make any employment offers and re-start the recruitment process.