|COVID-19 Status of Korea, and ASEAN Member States (as of November. 30)|
|Country||Total Cases||New Cases||Total Deaths||New Death||Recovered|
|Republic of Korea||33,824||449||523||1||27,542|
|Entry measures of ASEAN Member States in response to COVID-19 vis-a-vis arrivals from ROK (November. 30. 10:00)|
|Entry Ban||Singapore||As of March 24, in principle, short-term visitors to Singapore are prohibited from entering into or transiting through Singapore.|
However, for the travelers from one-sided border-opening countries, air travel bubbles, and fast-track countries are exceptionally allowed to enter (after arrival in Singapore, at the airport travelers are required to conduct a COVID 19 test and wait until negative results are obtained, and the related detailed procedures must be checked in advance).
- General border opening countries: Brunei, New Zealand, Australia, mainland China, Vietnam, Air travel bubble (mutual border opening): Hong Kong, Fast-track (allow mandatory public and business purpose short-term visits): The Republic of Korea, Japan, China, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia
All travelers from countries other than those of medium-risk group, low-risk group and short-term visit permitted targets are placed under 14-day quarantine at the government-designated facility.
- Long-term visa holders of Singapore must be inspected for PCR test within 72 hours of departure (exempted for nationals/permanent residents)
- PCR test during quarantine period
- Among ① Cost of test, ② Cost of Quarantine, ③ Cost of treatment for confirmed patient during 14 days of quarantine after arrival, ① for national/permanent resident, ①/② for long-term visa holders are required to be borne by travelers > However, as of 2021.1.1, The entire cost will be borne by travelers regardless of their status.
Travelers from the countries of medium-risk group, low-risk group are placed under self-quarantine (the same application of PCR test and test fee regulation during the quarantine period)
- Low-risk group (7-day quarantine at residence): Macau, Taiwan, Malaysia (excluding Sabah), Hong Kong (other than air travel bubble users)
- Medium-risk group (14-day quarantine at residence): The republic of Korea, Fiji, Finland, Japan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey
- However, for long term visa holders from medium-risk group countries, it is mandatory to conduct a PCR test within 72 hours of departure and can be placed under self-quarantine when living alone or living with family members who have traveled for the same period/schedule.
|Malaysia||From March 18, All foreigners are barred from entry into Malaysia (until separate notice)|
*Exceptional entry targets
A. Allow to enter the country after prior approval of the Director of Immigration
- Permanent residency holders, spouse and children of a Malaysian national departed after March 18
- Foreigners participating in the MM2H program approved separately by the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture
- (Foreign workers and others related) Caterogy 1, 2, 3 holders, their dependents and foreign housework assistants, Professional Visit Pass hoders, Long Term Social Visit Pass (18 years old or older children, parents and etc) holders for working visa and resident visa-talent holders (requires prior approval of the ESD department of Immigration Office), and medical tourists for therapeutic purposes(6 countries including the Republic of Kroea) can enter the country (and re-enter the country after departure) with prior approval from the relevant agencies and the Director of Immigration.
- (Foreign students) Temporary entry ban on foreign student visa holders from 10.8 to 12.31 (as of Oct. 4)
B. For departure and re-entry to Malaysia, it is possible to leave and re-enter the country (within 60 days from the date of issuance of the letter of approval) after obtaining prior approval from the Immigration Bureau (DGIM) prior to departure to Malaysia (for official, business, urgent reasons, and treatment purposes)
* Starting from 7.24, all inbound travelers will have 14-day self-quarantine (self-burden) at government-designated facilities. (costs borne by each person) (please refer to the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea for details)
|Philippines||From Mar. 22, entry ban to all foreigners except certain visa holders (as of Mar. 19).|
The diplomatic visa (9E) holders, immigrant visa (permanent residency and etc.) holders, the Philippines national's spouses and children, and flight crew will be allowed to enter.
(From November 20) to allow entry into the country for visa holders issued to foreign investors, etc.
- Trade visas(9D), EO226 visas, and Special Investor's Resident Visa (SIRVs, but only based on EO226 (Executive Order No. 226) are allowed to enter the country, visa issued on the basis of EO63 (Executive Order related to investment of tourism, etc.) are barred)
- 47(a)(2) visa issued by the Philippine Department of Justice.
- Visa issued by Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Freeport Authory, Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority, Authority of the Freeport Area of Bataan, Cagayan Economic Zone Authority and Clark Development Corporation
Conduct COVID 19 PCR test at the airport upon arrival in the Philippines (cost borne by each person), quarantine designated facilities or designated hotels until the test results are released (as of May. 6)
- Reservations required when quarantined at designated hotels
If the results of the PCR test conducted at the time of arrival are negative, quarantine of the facility/hotel will be lifted, but quarantine at the residence or regional observation facility for 14 days (the period and location vary by local government) (as of May.6).
|Vietnam||From March 22, all foreigners are barred from entry into Vietnam (as of Mar. 21)|
Except for diplomatic or official purposes and special cases (attend to important external activities, experts, corporate managers and advanced technical personnel) (not guaranteed entry and only for those who have been fully consulted with the Vietnamese side in advance)
- In case of exceptional entry, if allowed to enter the country, notify/register with the health authorities after arrival, fill out and submit quarantine questionnaire, provide a negative confirmation of the COVID 19 PCR test conducted three to seven days before entering Viet Nam, must sign up for international medical insurance, and pay for medical treatment by invited organization (as of Aug.3).
*All travelers entering the country are placed under 14-day facility quarantine (after moving to the facility, conduct diagnostic test, )
|Lao PDR||Until October 31, all foreigners are barred from entry into Lao PDR (as of Oct. 1)|
*Pre-authorization of the Laos COVID 19 Countermeasures Committee is required prior to arrival, and the results of the COVID 19 test issued within 72 hours (only RT-PCR is recognized) are required if the entry is desired for urgent business performance.
- Conduct a diagnostic test immediately after arrival and quarantine at the designated facility for 14 days.
Group tourists allowed to enter the country with permission from the National Taskforce Committee for COVID 19 Precention and control of Laos
Suspension on issuance of all visas to nationals of the COVID 19 accrued countries (some experts, technicians, overseas workers, etc. related to major projects are exceptionally allowed to enter)
*Valid visa holders can enter the country through the entry permit procedure (see the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Lao PDR).
|Indonesia||Starting from April 2, all foreigners are barred from entry into and transit through Indonesia (as of Mar. 31).|
* (Exception target) holders of long-term permits (KITAS/KITAP) with valid period of stay and re-entry, holders of diplomatic/official visas, holders of diplomatic/official residence permits, those who visit for humanitarian purposes such as medical or food aid, land/sea/aircraft transport workers, and foreign nationals who participate in national strategic projects.
* (Entrance quarantine measures) Foreigners entering the country carry a health certificate proving PCR negative results issued within 7 days before departure, in case of entry without health certificate, with PCR negative result passed 7 days, or without PCR negative result, conduct a quick diagnosis at the arrival. In case of result positive, the traveler will be transported to hospital, in case of result negative the traveler will be placed under quarantine at designated facility.
* (Administrative measures after entering the country) 14-day self-quarantine (submit a health certificate to the embassy and require the competent health authorities to manage it, but it is inadequately managed)
|Myanmar||From March 25, all foreigners are required to submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before departure date) upon boarding the aircraft. (as of Mar. 24)|
* All foreigners coming from neighboring countries of Myanmar via land route are barred from entry (as of Mar. 19.)
- the People's Republic of China, Thailand, India, Lao PDR, Bangladesh.
For all foreigners will be placed under facility and self quarantine with expanded period of 28 days (21 days after facility quarantine and 7 days self-quarantine) (as of Apr.11.).
*Suspending visa issuance for all foreign entrants except diplomats, U.N. officials, ships and aircraft crew members, and suspending visa exemptions granted to all foreigners, including ASEAN member states according to mutual agreement. (as of Mar. 29)
* Diplomats and U.N. officials are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic Missions in their country and submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before boarding), and placed under 14-day self-quarantine after arrival
* Ship or aircraft crew members are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic missions in their country and comply with the most recent guidelines and instructions from the Ministry of Transport and Communications (as of Mar.29)
Foreigners wishing to enter Myanmar for urgent official business or due to appropriate reasons fulfilling bellow conditions are exceptionally allowed to enter the country and be target of eased quarantine measures (as of Jun.19).
- Submit a COVID-19 Negative Certificate conducted at least 72 hours before entering Myanmar
- Prove that 7-day self-quarantine carried out in departing country before entering Myanmar
- Visit the Myanmar Embassy in Korea, apply for a visa, and the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Myanmar sends a list of exceptional applicants and reasons for their arrival via official letter.
- After 7-day facility or hotel quarantine after arrival, if the COVID-19 PCR test results negative, additional 7-day self-quarantine has to be carried before activity.
|All foreigners are bared from entering and transferring (as of 3.24).|
*Mandatory business trips (including official trips), study, medical treatment, parents, spouses, close family members of Brunei nationals and residents, and other special circumstances to approve their entry. (as of Sep. 15)
- Invitees in Brunei apply for Entry Travel Pass eight days before the trip on the Travel Portal website.
- Travelers are required to stay in departing country for at least 14 days before entering Brunei, to issue a COVID 19 negative test result conducted within 72 hours before entering the country, to conduct COVID 19 test and be placed mandatory self-quarantine for 2-14 days** after arrival in Brunei, and to report their health status daily through the BruHealth app for the first 14 days of styaing in Brunei.
**The quarantine period varies depending on the results of the Brunei government's own risk assessment upon arrival.
- All foreigners who wish to enter Brunei by land (such as drivers and carriers via Brunei), requires to submit COVID 19 negative confirmation (valid 7 days from the date of inspection) to the land border control upon arrival (as of Oct.1)
Brunei-Singapore Mutual Green Lane (as of Sep. 1).
*Any nationality, legal resident of Brunei and Singapore, who needs to travel for business and official purposes, can visit each other through applications for prior approval.
- Health measures such as staying in the departing country for 14 days before departure, presenting negative results of the COVID 19 diagnosis test conducted 72 hours before departure, submitting travel schedules by period of the time, installing the BruHealth app, conducting diagnostic tests after arrival and quarantine while waiting for the results.
|Quarantine||Cambodia||From Mar.30, All foreigners are barred from entry into Cambodia|
(COVID 19 Negative Certificate) All foreigners who wish to enter Cambodia apply for a visa at the Cambodian Embassy in the country, and submit a COVID 19 Negative Certificate issued within 72 hours of flight arrival time and an insurance card that can compensate more than $50,000 (as of Mar. 31).
- Exceptions for airline captains and flight crew for entry ban
(Entry Procedure) Upon arrival in Cambodia, the COVID 19 test will be conducted at the airport, then moved to the designated hotel or quarantine facility and will be held for waiting, COVID 19 diagnostic tests, quarantine and treatment costs are borne by traveler, and deposit 2,000 USD at the bank counter at the Phnom Penh airport upon arrival (as of Jun.15)
Regular travelers are placed under 14-day quarantined at a hotel designated by the Ministry of Health, regardless of whether or not a confirmed passenger has occurred (as of Nov.11)
|Reinforced Quarantine |
|Thailand||From July 1, Permit Limited Entry|
- Those invited and authorized by the Thai prime minister, spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals, Thai permanent residency holders, work permit or labor permit holders, flight attendants, students of educational institutions approved by the Thai government and their parents, medical purposes, diplomatic corps, international organizations, government delegates and their spouses, parents, and children.
*(Pre-entry measure) Refrain from visiting and meeting dangerous areas 14 days prior to departure, Entry approval issued by residing country, Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate, COVID 19 negative confirmation (RT-PCR method) issued within 72 hours upon arrival; medical treatment insurance certificates covering 100,000 dollars or more (including COVID 19), reservation documents of government-designated quarantine venue, respiratory symptoms and fever test at departure
(Post-entry measure) respiratory symptoms and fever test, submission of mandatory documents, installation of monitoring systems/applications, quarantine at government-designated hotel (ASQ) for at least 14 days and compliance with relevant regulations, RT-PCR-based COVID 19 test
|Republic of Korea||1. Travelers holding passports issued by Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.|
2. Validity of existing visas issued by the Consulate General of the Repbulic of Korea in Wuhan (jurisdiction : Hubei, Hunan, Henan, Jiangxi) will be temporarily suspended.
3. All foreigners with travel history within the past 14 days to Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.
4. Visa-free entry to Jeju island for all foreigners will be temporarily suspended.
5. All visa exemption for nationals of the People's Republic of China and all foriegners coming from China will be suspended.
6. Visa-waiver program for Japanese nationals will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
7. Validity of existing visas issued by the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Korea in Japan will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
8. All travelers coming from abroad (Korean Nationals and Foreigners) are placed under 2-week self-quarantine or 2-week quarantine at a designated facility (as of April 1)
9. From April 1, All foreigners coming from abroad are placed under restriction of the scope of activities (accordance with the RESTRICTION ORDER ON THE SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES issued by Minister of Justice provided upon the entry) (as of Apr.1)
10. From 00:00 of April 13 (Monday), The following measures will be implemented (as of Apr. 4)
- Single/multiple short-term visas (stay within 90 days) issued before April 5th, temporarily suspended.
* Exceptions for visas equivalent to short-term employment (C-4), such as high-quality technicians invited by domestic companies and long-term visa (employment, investment, etc.)
- Suspension of visa exemption measures for countries/regions (90) that have signed a visa waiver agreement with the Republic of Korea or allowed visa-free entry by the government of the Republic of Korea among the countries/regions (151) that have taken entry measures to national of the Republic of Korea.
- (Reinforcement of visa screening) All applicants for a visa submit a medical certificate issued by a medical institution within 48 hours from the date of application.
* (Medical Certificate) List any symptoms related to COVID-19 such as fever, cough, chills, headache, muscle pain and pneumonia
* Restrict visa issuance in case of abnormal findings
* After receiving an application for a visa, a decision on whether to grant permission is made after a thorough examination, such as an interview on health status.
* However, rapid issuance of visa for the diplomatic and official purposes, purposes of essential business activities such as investment and technology provision, family members of national of the Republic of Korea or those who fall under urgent or humanitarian reasons (with the discretion of the head of the diplomatic mission)