Activities Development Planning & General Affairs Trade & Investment Culture & Tourism PR & Awareness ASEAN Hall
News Newsletter Press Releases
Job Posting 2021-10-07
[Job Posting] Assistant Officer
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is seeking Finance/GA Assistant Officer of Development Planning and General Affairs Unit and Assistant Officer of Trade and Investment Unit of ASEAN and Korean nationality with proven experience in the field of Finance/GA and Trade and Investment.
About the Organization
The ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC) is an International Organization mandated to promote economic and socio-cultural cooperation between Korea and the 10 ASEAN Member States. With a vision to build a lasting and genuine partnership between ASEAN and Korea, the programs of the AKC are geared towards increasing trade, promoting investment, invigorating tourism, and expanding culture and people-to-people exchanges. The Centre is located in Seoul and the main language of operation is English and Korean. Please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on AKC and its programs.
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Position||Duties and responsibilities||Expected start date|
|Finance/GA Assistant Officer of Development Planning and General Affairs Unit (DPGAU)|
ㆍ Assisting in the preparation of budget planning
ㆍ Coordinate and execute financial transactions and activities, such as bill payment, payroll, declaration of social security, etc.
ㆍ Create organized records and files to assist in tax preparation
※ uses Douzone20
ㆍ Support general affairs and administration
|Assistant Officer of Trade and Investment Unit(TIU)|
ㆍ Assist in Centre’s work programs to promote trade and investment flow and strengthen ASEAN-Korea relations
ㆍ support communication with relevant organizations, stakeholders, etc.
ㆍ Research and monitor recent economic issues
ㆍ Collect and update data/information
ㆍ Support logistics and other related administrative duties
- Bachelor´s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, International Relations, International Studies, Language and Literature, Political Science, Social Science, or a related field from an accredited academic institution. Master´s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience in Finance, Trade and Investment or related fields in international (inter-governmental) organizations, national/international institutions, government organizations and/or private companies is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean; proficiency in IT is a plus.
- No grounds for disqualification under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act or overseas travel
- Fixed-term contract of 1 year
* Contract may be extended after one year following review of work performance.
* Probation period: 3 months
- The salary will be determined in accordance with Centre´s regulation.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Welfare card, Medical Examination, Club Activity, etc.
- Starting Date: October (exact date negotiable)
- Working Hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will follow the step of:
- 1st round: Document review
- 2nd round: On-site English writing test and Interview
- 3rd round: Health screening
* Candidates who pass each round will be notified individually. Those who pass the first round must bring their ID cards for the second round and arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
* It is recommended to submit the application before the final hour of the deadline to avoid network congestion, and make sure successful submission of application.
How to Apply
- Applications including all the relevant documents on-line via (http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr)
- Application Deadline: Until 18:00 of Thursday, 14 October 21
* Applicants are fully responsible for the contents of their applications and may be disadvantaged if the application has incorrect or false information not to mention errors and omissions.
- For further inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Documents to be submitted following final offer of employment
The documents below are to be submitted after the final offer
- Graduation Certificate
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In the event of discovery of incorrect information and/or cheating in the application documents and during interview, the relevant applicant will be disqualified. In the event the discovery of such grounds for disqualification occurs after the results have been announced, the Centre has the right to withdraw its final offer.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highest scoring applicant may be considered for employment.
- If, after the recruitment process, there is no suitable applicant, the Centre may decide not to make any employment offers and re-start the recruitment process.