Job Posting 2021-12-27
[Job Posting] Executive Assistant(Assistant Officer)
The ASEAN-Korea Centre(AKC) is currently seeking for an Executive Assistant(A/O) in the Secretary General Office of ASEAN and Korean nationality to assist SG in general as well as to support each Unit’s activities of the AKC.
The ASEAN Korea Centre(AKC) is an intergovernmental organization established with the aim to promote economic and socio-cultural exchanges among Korea and the ten ASEAN member states. AKC implements various projects to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between the two regions through increasing trade volume, investment promotion, invigorating tourism and cultural exchange. Please visit the website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on the projects of the Centre and details of the organization..
Job Position and Qualifications
(1) Job Description:
|Position||Title||Duties and responsibilities||Expected start date|
|Executive Assistant(E/A)in SG Office||Assistant Officer(A/O)|
· Devise and support various programs to establish and maintain positive relations between Korea and ten ASEAN member States.
· Develop and implement ASEAN related programs and activities.
· Do research and information gathering on ASEAN related issues.
· Support overall administrative tasks for the programs.
* Please note that the selected candidate will be designated to SG Office and might be dispatched to a specific Unit depending on the need and situation of the Centre.
* The work scope of E/A is not limited to specific programs or a certain Unit. All fields of the Centre’s activities are to be given, if necessary.
|late January 2022|
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations, Culture or Tourism, Political Science, Language, Communication or a related field from an accredited academic institution. Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean; knowledge of another ASEAN languages is an advantage.
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Fixed-term contract of 1 year
* Contract may be extended after one year following review of work performance, etc.
- Gross Salary per annum: KRW 36,000,000 and above
* Gross Salary per annum includes monthly lunch allowance and transportation allowance.
* The salary can be changed depending on the qualifications and prior work experiences.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, welfare card, medical examination, club activity, etc.
- Expected starting date: late January 2022 (Negotiable)
- Working hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
The recruitment process will follow the step of:
- 1st round: Document review
* Please be sure to apply before the submission due date to prevent network congestion, and make sure to check that your application has been successfully applied.
- 2nd round: English writing test and In-person Interview
* The schedule is subject to change, according to the number of applicants and the recruitment progress. Those who passed the first screening will be notified individually, and must arrive 10 minutes early for the interview and writing test with the ID card in hand.
- Final result
* The final result will be notified individually to the selected candidates.
* There will be a Health Screening process for the final candidate before the start date.
How to Apply
- Application should be submitted on-line (http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr )
- Application Deadline: 7 January 2021, 23:59
* Submitted applications will not be returned, and applicants are fully responsible for any disadvantages that may incur due to errors and omissions in the information provided.
The required documents below are to be submitted after the final offer.
- Graduation Certificate
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In the event of discovery of incorrect information/error and/or cheating in the application form and interview, the relevant applicant will be disqualified. In the event the discovery of such grounds for disqualification occurs after the results have been announced, the Centre will withdraw its final offer.
- In case there has been an error in filling out the application form, the applicants will be subject to unfavorable measures. If there has been found any grounds for disqualification (false allegations of qualification, health issues, etc.), the Centre may withdraw from the notification of the final result, even in case the results have already been announced.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highly scored applicant may be determined to fill in the vacancy.
- Applicants may not be employed if there is no suitable applicant.