The ASEAN-Korea Centre is currently seeking for a Project Assistant and Research Assistant of ASEAN and Korean nationality to assist with projects of the Information and Data Unit (IDU).
The ASEAN Korea Centre is an intergovernmental organization established with the aim to promote economic and socio-cultural exchanges among Korea and the ten ASEAN member states. AKC implements various projects to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between the two regions through increasing trade volume, investment promotion, invigorating tourism and cultural exchange.
- Project Assistant
- Research Assistant
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
- Project Assistant: Assist the IDU’s programs for promoting awareness on ASEAN
- Research Assistant: Assist in producing the annual statistical yearbook ‘2018 ASEAN & Korea in Figures’ by gathering and processing data
- Undergraduates or graduates
- Preference in fluent English and Korean
- For Research Assistants, applicants who majored in statistics, business/ economics, have excel certification or related experience are preferred
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel
- Project Assistant: 6 months
* The contract period of Project Assistant may be extended depending on the applicant’s work performance
- Research Assistant: 5 months
- Gross Salary: KRW 1,760,000/month
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Annual Leave, Club Activity, Women’s Lounge
- Expected starting date: Negotiable
- Work hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
The recruitment process will follow the step of:
1st round: Document review
2nd round: In-person Interview
* The schedule can be changed according to the number of applicants and the admission progress. Successful candidates for the first screening and the final will be notified individually. Those who passed the first screening must bring their ID card on the second screening and must arrive 10 minutes earlier for the interview.
* Please be sure to apply before the submission due date to prevent network congestion, and make sure to check that your application has been successfully applied.
How to Apply
- Application should be submitted on-line (http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr)
- Application Deadline: 16 September 2018, 18:00
* Submitted applications will not be returned, and applicants are fully responsible for any disadvantages that may incur due to errors and omissions in the information provided.
The required documents below are to be submitted after the final offer
- Graduation Certificate
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.)
- Please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org/kor/) for more information on our Centre’s projects and detailed explanation about the Units.
- Documents will not be returned to the applicants and will not be used for other purposes.
- Applicants may be employed in other fields according to the recruitment result or may not be employed if there is no suitable applicant.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highly scored applicant will be determined to fill in the vacancy.