|COVID-19 Status of ASEAN Member States (as of June. 1)|
|Indonesia||26,473 (+700)||1,613 (+40)||7,308|
|Philipppines||18,086 (+862)||957 (+7)||3,909|
|Republic of Korea||11,468 (+27)||270 (+1)||10,405|
|Entry measures of ASEAN Member States in response to COVID-19 vis-a-vis arrivals from ROK (6.1. 10:00)|
|Entry Ban||Singapore||From 23:59 of March 23, all short-term visitors are barred from entry into and trasit through Singapore (as of Mar. 22)|
* Singapore National, permenant residence, long-term visa holders are allowed to enter under a condition of 14-day self-quarantine((Online submission of a health certificate up to 3 days prior to arrival is mandatory)
From March 30, long-term visa holders are required to obtain prior approval before entry of Singapore, and those who have received prior approval are required to submit a prior approval form (valid for 2 weeks) upon airport check-in and after arrival in Singapore (as of Mar.29).
- Those who do not hold prior approval form must leave Singapore within 48 hours upon the arrival in Singapore (travelers bear the expenses), long-term visa will be canceled in case of failure of following above measure.
|Malaysia||From March 18 to June 9, All foreigners are barred from entry into Malaysia (as of May. 10)|
*(Exceptional entry targets) Diplomats and permanent residency holders, spouses and children of Malaysian nationals (with family relation documents and dependent passes), those who have been approved among foreigners participating in the MM2H program (with COVID19 negative results issued 14 days before entering the country), and those who have obtained separate approval from the relevant ministries and the immigration director among Expatriate Pass (employment visa and experts visit visa) holders.
- However, from June 1, at least three days before departure, fill out the Letter of Understanding and Indemnity (LoU) and send via e-mail to the Malaysian Embassy in each country, receive the Letter of Approval from the Malaysian Embassy, and hold the original LoU and the Letter of Approval upon the entry to the country (as of May. 28)
- Travelers must hold the Letter of Apporval to board the flight. LoU original copy must be confirmed by the airport immigration office after entering Malaysia and submitted to the quarantine facility (facility quarantine will be proceeded as well)
|Philippines||From 00:00 of March 22, accordance with the measure of suspension of visa issuance and visa on arrival, all foreigners are barred from entry into the Philippines (as of Mar. 19)|
- Formerly issued visas are considered canceled, however, visa for spouse and children of Philippine national (required to hold proof of marriage or parent-child relationship when entry without Philippine national), visa issued to foreign government and international organization staff members, and foreign crew members are exempt.
* Transit from the 3rd country through Philippine to the Republic of Korea is not allowed
From 08:00 of May 3 to 07:59 of May 10, all aircraft operations at international airports in the Philippines are suspended (as of May. 3)
Categorize all foreigners entering the Philippines as subject to strict quarantine and mandatory quarantine considering COVID-19 status of origin country and symptoms upon entry (as of May 6)
- Subjects to strict quarantine* are subject to real-time genetic amplification tests and are placed under quarantine at strict isolation facilities until the test results are obtained.
(negative results) travelers are released from the quarantine at facilities and placed under 14-day self-quarantine at residence or local observation facility.
(positive results) travelers are transported to hospitals or separate treatment facilities
*A person from a high-risk area or area with a high level of infection according to the latest WHO report has been identified by the quarantine officer as having influenza symptoms.
- Subjects to mandatory quarantine* are subject to antibody rapid diagnosis and placed under 14-day quarantine at facilities designated by the Philippine Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
*All but strict quarantine targets are subject to mandatory quarantine.
*(Luzon Island) all travel on land, with domestic flight and domestic ship from/to Metro Manila and entire Luzon Island to/from other regions are barred (as of Apr. 7.)
- Foreigners are allowed to depart from international airports in Luzon Island.
*(Cebu) From March 27, All travelers coming aboard international passenger flights are barred to entry into Cebu (as of Mar.27.)
*(General Santos) From March 16, all travelers coming from Metro Manila are placed under self-quarantine. Preventive measures to all visitors of airport and seaports, etc. (Davao) No official quarantine measures to travelers, but there is a case of quarantine of Korean traveler.
*(Batangas) All travelers visited countries with COVID-19 positives are placed under 14-day self-quarantine
|Vietnam||From March 22, all foreigners are barred from entry into Vietnam (as of Mar. 21)|
- In case of entry for diplomatic or official purpose, and participating major external events are allowed (Entry is not guaranteed and only those who have been fully consulted with the Vietnamese government in advance)
* Visa Waiver Certificate issued to Vietnamese foreigners and their families has been suspended (from 3.12 for Korean)
* Those who enter Vietnam must comply with the medical examination process and be subject to quarantine at a designated facility, and those with diplomatic and official purposes and in special cases (experts, business managers and personnel with advanced technology), are required to appropriate regulations and quarantine procedure at their accommodations
* 15-day visa exemptions for South Koreans are temporarily suspended. (as of Feb.29)
* Aborting visa issuance for all foreigners (as of Mar. 17)
*In case of entering Vietnam with visa for special circumstances (experts, businessmen, and advanced technical personnel), visa-free or visa-free certificate, travelers submit a Vietnamese-recognized COVID-19 negative certificate*
- COVID-19 negative certificate should contain information such as the person's name, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number, address in the country, residence address in Vietnam, test agency name, test sample date, test date, test method, test result, and scheduled date of entry, and valid only for three days from the date of the test result.
|From March 24, all foreigners are barred from entry into and transit through Brunei (as of Mar. 23)|
|Thailand||Until June 30, all land, sea and air routes are barred from entry into Thailand (as of May. 26).|
- All travelers are allowed to depart and barred from transit
Until midnight of June 30, All passenger flights are completely bared from landing(as of May 16.)
* However, those who have a work permit or who have obtained a work approval, in case of emergency (Thailand Foreign Ministry review), can enter the country through a Thai repatriation passenger plane designated by the Thai Embassy in Korea (as of May 28)
①Certificate of Entry issued by the Embassy of Thailand in Korea, ②Declaration Form (provided by the Embassy of Thailand in Korea), ③ Fit-to-Fly health certificate (issued within 72 hours), and ④100,000 USD worth of medical insurance (including COVID19)
|Lao PDR||Until June 1, all foreigners are barred from entry into Lao PDR (as of May. 15)|
*Suspension on the issuance of all visas to the citizens of COVID-19 affected countries. (some experts, technicians, overseas workers and others related to major projects are allowed to enter the country, travelers entering are placed post-entry diagnostic tests and 14-days quarantine at a designated facility) (as of May. 2)
*Foreigners returning home and leaving for a third country can leave the country through prior consultation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (as of Mar. 29)
|Indonesia||Starting from April 2, all foreigners are barred from entry into and transit through Indonesia (as of Mar. 31).|
* (Exception target) holders of long-term permits (KITAS/KITAP), holders of diplomatic/official visas, holders of diplomatic/official residence permits, those who visit for humanitarian purposes such as medical or food aid, land/sea/aircraft transport workers, and foreign nationals who participate in national strategic projects.
* (Exception conditions) English health certificate issued by national health authorities of origin, 14 days of stay in COVID-19 non-affected countries/regulations, and statement of following 14-day quarantine and other measures carried out by the Indonesian government.
- Travelers with above mentioned English health certificate, in case of no symptoms after additional test, travelers will receive a health inspection pass and a health questionnaire issued by the quarantine authorities and are placed under 14-day self-quarantine at residence.
- In case of no above mentioned health certificate, outdated over 7 days, or if there is no PCR negative result, the traveler will be under quick diagnosis, and if there is a base disease and a positive diagnosis, traveler will be transported to a designated hospital and placed under quarantine, if there is a base disease, but there is a negative diagnosis, and no symptom with a positive or negative result from a quick diagnosis, deportation will be recommended to the immigration authorities (as of May 7).
|Myanmar||Foreigners who have travel history to the Republic of Korea(Daegu-city and North Gyeongsang province), Hubei province of the People's Republic of China within the past 14 days are barred from entry into Myanmar(as of Mar. 15)|
From 00:01 of March 25, all foreigners are required to submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before departure date) and are placed under 14-dayquarantine at a designated facility after arrival. (as of Mar. 24)
*Before the above measures take effect, travelers are subject to self-quarantine as former measure, and are required to hold health certificates (including the absence of acute respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, and respiratory problems issued by medical facilities approved by the Korean health authorities).
* All travelers with travel history to United States, Switzerland, UK, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Sweden and Denmark within the past 14 days are placed under 14-day quarantine at a designated facility (as of Mar. 20.)
* All foreigners coming from neighboring countries of Myanmar via land route are barred from entry (as of Mar. 19.)
- the People's Republic of China, Thailand, India, Lao PDR, Bangladesh.
For all foreigners will be placed under facility and self quarantine with expanded period of 28 days (21 days after facility quarantine and 7 days self-quarantine) (as of Apr.11.).
*From March 29, suspending visa issuance for all foreign entrants except diplomats, U.N. officials, ships and aircraft crew members, and suspending visa exemptions granted to all foreigners, including ASEAN member states according to mutual agreement.
* Diplomats and U.N. officials are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic Missions in their country and submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before boarding), and placed under 14-day self-quarantine after arrival (as of Mar. 29).
* Ship or aircraft crew members are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic missions in their country and comply with the most recent guidelines and instructions from the Ministry of Transport and Communications (as of Mar.29)
Until June 15, international passenger flights are barred from landing (as of May.28)
|Reinforced Quarantine |
|Cambodia||All foreigners are barred from entry into Cambodia (from 23:59 of March 30)|
(COVID-19 Negative Certificate) All foreigners who wish to enter Cambodia are required to apply for a visa at the Cambodian Embassy in their country, and submit a COVID-19 Negative Certificate issued within 72 hours (based on the flight departure time) and an insurance card covering USD 50,000 or more.
*(Exception) Diplomatic and official visa holders, Airline Captains and Crews (as of Mar.31)
(Entry Procedure) After arriving in Cambodia, move to a temporary facility and conduct a COVID-19 examination, waiting for results.
*If all passengers are found to be negative, all passengers will be placed under 14-day self-quarantine, and if any one is found to be positive, all passengers will be placed under 14-day quarantined at a facility designated by the Cambodian government. (Travelers bear the expenses) (as of May. 20)
|Republic of Korea||1. Travelers holding passports issued by Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.|
2. Validity of existing visas issued by the Consulate General of the Repbulic of Korea in Wuhan (jurisdiction : Hubei, Hunan, Henan, Jiangxi) will be temporarily suspended.
3. All foreigners with travel history within the past 14 days to Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.
4. Visa-free entry to Jeju island for all foreigners will be temporarily suspended.
5. All visa exemption for nationals of the People's Republic of China and all foriegners coming from China will be suspended.
6. Visa-waiver program for Japanese nationals will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
7. Validity of existing visas issued by the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Korea in Japan will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
8. All travelers coming from abroad (Korean Nationals and Foreigners) are placed under 2-week self-quarantine or 2-week quarantine at a designated facility (as of April 1)
9. From April 1, All foreigners coming from abroad are placed under restriction of the scope of activities (accordance with the RESTRICTION ORDER ON THE SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES issued by Minister of Justice provided upon the entry) (as of Apr.1)
10. From 00:00 of April 13 (Monday), The following measures will be implemented (as of Apr. 4)
- Single/multiple short-term visas (stay within 90 days) issued before April 5th, temporarily suspended.
* Exceptions for visas equivalent to short-term employment (C-4), such as high-quality technicians invited by domestic companies and long-term visa (employment, investment, etc.)
- Suspension of visa exemption measures for countries/regions (90) that have signed a visa waiver agreement with the Republic of Korea or allowed visa-free entry by the government of the Republic of Korea among the countries/regions (151) that have taken entry measures to national of the Republic of Korea.
- (Reinforcement of visa screening) All applicants for a visa submit a medical certificate issued by a medical institution within 48 hours from the date of application.
* (Medical Certificate) List any symptoms related to COVID-19 such as fever, cough, chills, headache, muscle pain and pneumonia
* Restrict visa issuance in case of abnormal findings
* After receiving an application for a visa, a decision on whether to grant permission is made after a thorough examination, such as an interview on health status.
* However, rapid issuance of visa for the diplomatic and official purposes, purposes of essential business activities such as investment and technology provision, family members of national of the Republic of Korea or those who fall under urgent or humanitarian reasons (with the discretion of the head of the diplomatic mission)