|COVID-19 Status of Korea, and ASEAN Member States (as of June. 23)|
|Country||Total Cases||New Cases||Total Deaths||New Death||Recovered|
|Republic of Korea||151,901||395||2,006||2||143,817|
|Entry measures of ASEAN Member States in response to COVID-19 vis-a-vis arrivals from ROK (June. 23. 10:00)|
|Entry Ban||Singapore||From 2020. Mar. 24, short-term visitors are barred from entering Singapore (only citizens, permanent residents, and long-term visa holders can enter the country) and in case of exceptional entry, 14-day quarantine at the facility is mandatory (However, long-term visa holders need to get prior entry approval)|
*In principle, from 2021. May. 7, all overseas arrivals (including the Republic of Korea) are placed under 21-day quarantine.
- Those travelers conduct PCR tests immediately after entering the country, on the 14th day of the quarantine, and the 21st day of the quarantine.
*From 2021.Jan.24 23:59, COVID 19 PCR tests are conducted immediately after arrival for all arrivals to Singapore (including citizens and permanent residents)
*(Exceptional allowed entry for short term visits), for the travelers from one-sided border-opening countries are exceptionally allowed to enter (after arrival in Singapore, at the airport travelers are required to conduct a COVID 19 test and wait until negative results are obtained, and the related detailed procedures must be checked in advance).
- One-sided border-opening countries (allowed short-term visits, quarantine exemption): Brunei, New Zealand, Australia, mainland China
- Fast-track (allow mandatory public and business purpose short-term visits): temporary suspension
*(Allowed self-quarantine) Travelers from the countries of medium-risk group, low-risk group are allowed to be placed under self-quarantine (others will be placed under quarantine at the government designated facility)
- Low-risk group (7-day quarantine at residence): Hong Kong, Macau
- However, travelers from Taiwan and Fiji will be placed under 14-day quarantine at government facilities and placed under self-quarantine for the remaining 7 days.
*(Requirement for PCR test) Long-term visa holders of Singapore must be inspected for PCR test within 72 hours of departure (exempted for nationals/permanent residents)
- However, those from one-sided border opening countries and low-risk group are exempted.
- Conduct a PCR test on all arrivals at the airport immediately after arrival
*(Those entering from overseas requires to pay by individual for test fee and etc.) ① Cost of test, ② Cost of Quarantine, ③ Cost of treatment for confirmed patient during 14 days of quarantine after arrival are required to be paid by individual travelers (applied same to the nationals, permanent residents, and long-term visa holders)
*(Measures related to countries with mutated viruses) All long-term visa holders and short-term visitors who have a history of visiting the UK, South Africa, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka within the last 14 days are barred from entering into and transiting through Singapore (nationals and permanent residents are allowed).
*(COVID 19 insurance required) For foreigners entering Singapore after 21. Jan. 31. 23:59, it is mandatory to sign up for COVID 19 insurance (provide insurance terms and conditions, etc. on immigration)
- Short-term visitors must sign up for the insurance that covers S$30,000 or more, and work visa holders must sign up for the insurance that covers S$10,000 or more (preparation for confirmed cases within 14 days of entering Singapore)
|Malaysia||From 2020.March 18, All foreigners are barred from entry into Malaysia (until separate notice)|
*Exceptional entry targets
A. Allow to enter the country after prior approval of the Director of Immigration
- Permanent resident who has left the country since Mar.18. Foreign spouses and children of Malaysian nationals, MM2H visa holders, diplomats
- Employment visa-Category 1, 2 and 3 owners and their dependents and foreign household assistants, Professional Visit Pass holders, employment visa and residence visa.
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (children aged 18 or older, parents, etc.) holders of Talent holders (requires prior entry approval by the ESD department of Immigration Bureau), medical tourists for treatment purposes (six countries including the Republic of Korea) can enter (re-enter after departure) with prior approval from related agencies and chief of Immigration Bureau.
- Student visa holders and their guardians require pre-approval by the Immigration Department by the school (new persons need additional approval from the Ministry of Education by the school)
B. For departure and re-entry to Malaysia, it is possible to leave and re-enter the country (within 60 days from the date of issuance of the letter of approval) after obtaining prior approval from the Immigration Bureau (DGIM) prior to departure to Malaysia (for official, business, urgent reasons, and treatment purposes)
*From 2021. May. 25, When entering Malaysia
- Submit English negative result report for COVID-19 swap test within 3 days before departure. (If the report is not submitted, cannot board or enter the country)
- Swap test on arrival at airport for all arrivals (Self-payment)
- 14-day facility quarantine (21-day quarantine upon arrival from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal) (Self-payment)
- 2nd swap test 10 days after facility quarantine (self-payment)
- 7-day quarantine can be extended according to the risk assessment of the Ministry of Health (self-payment)
Quarantine fees can be paid in advance through the web and individually reserve designated quarantine hotels (see the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Malaysia for details).
Malaysia Investment Development Authority operates the One Stop Center (OSC) to promote entry for purpose of business, and exempts short-term visitors from quarantine (investment, business owners, technical experts, etc.)
- See http://safetravel.mida.gov.my or embassy website
|Vietnam||From 2020. March 22, all foreigners are barred from entry into Vietnam (as of 2020. Mar. 21)|
Except for diplomatic or official purposes and special cases (attend to important external activities, experts, corporate managers and advanced technical personnel) (not guaranteed entry and only for those who have been fully consulted with the Vietnamese side in advance)
- In case of exceptional entry, if allowed to enter the country, notify/register with the health authorities after arrival, fill out and submit quarantine questionnaire, provide a negative confirmation of the COVID 19 PCR test conducted three to seven days before entering Viet Nam, must sign up for international medical insurance, and pay for medical treatment by invited organization (as of 2020. Aug.3).
*All travelers entering the country are placed under 21-day facility quarantine (after moving to the facility, conduct diagnostic test)
- Conduct COVID 19 test for 3 times during the facility quarantine period (1st day, 14th day, and 20th day of quarantine)
- 7-day self-quarantine (monitoring the health conditions at home and residence) shall be carried out after the facility quarantine and conduct COVID 19 test on the 7th day of self-quarantine.
|Lao PDR||Util 21. June. 4, all foreigners are bared from entry until further notice|
*Pre-authorization of the Laos COVID 19 Countermeasures Committee is required prior to arrival, and the results of the COVID 19 test issued within 72 hours (only RT-PCR is recognized) are required if the entry is desired for urgent business performance.
- Conduct a diagnostic test immediately after arrival (costs about 650,000 Lao Kip = USD 70 borne by individual) and Quarantine at designated facilities for 14 days (for diplomats, 14 days at government-designated facilities or hotels, not at home)
- Require to carry tracking device (USD6 per day for rental) for 14 days and to have COVID-19 insurance (USD100)
Group tourists allowed to enter the country with permission from the National Taskforce Committee for COVID 19 Precention and control of Laos
Suspension of all visas to citizens of the COVID-19 outbreak country (some experts for major business, technicians, overseas workers, etc. may enter the country with exception)
*Valid visa holders can enter the country through the entry permit procedure (see the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Lao PDR).
|Indonesia||From 21. Feb. 9. until further notice, all foreigners are barred from entering Indonesia|
*Exception of the entry bar: ① Attorney General Decree No. 26 (20. Sep. 29) Subject (VITAS, Visitor Visa, Diplomatic/Official Visa, APEC Cardholder, Diplomatic/Official Visa Holders, KITAS (short-term working visa)/ KITAP(long-term visa), ②Subjects of TCA (simplified immigration measure for essential business purpose), ③ Special permit holders requested by Central Administrative Body (Ministry, Department)
- From 21. Feb.9, mandatory to hold PCR negative result document issued within 72 hours prior to the departure date
- RT-PCR inspection conducted upon entering Indonesia, mandatory 5-day quarantine at the hotel from arrival date in case of negative, and self-quarantine for the remaining 9 days (TCA entrants are exempt from quarantine due to reciprocity, detailed measures are under discussion)
- Conduct RT-PCR re-examination after 5 days of quarantine to continue the next trip if result negative
|Myanmar||Take-off and landing ban measures for international flights (Entry ban on foreigners)|
Suspending visa issuance for all foreign entrants except diplomats, U.N. officials, ships and aircraft crew members, and suspending visa exemptions granted to all foreigners, including ASEAN member states according to mutual agreement. (as of 2020. Mar. 29)
* Diplomats and U.N. officials are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic Missions in their country and submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before boarding), and placed under 14-day self-quarantine after arrival
* Ship or aircraft crew members are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic missions in their country and comply with the most recent guidelines and instructions from the Ministry of Transport and Communications
From 2020. March 25, all foreigners are required to submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before departure date) upon boarding the aircraft. (as of 2020. Mar. 24)
* All foreigners coming from neighboring countries of Myanmar via land route are barred from entry (as of 2020. Mar. 19.)
- the People's Republic of China, Thailand, India, Lao PDR, Bangladesh.
For all foreigners will be placed under facility and self quarantine with expanded period of 28 days (21 days after facility quarantine and 7 days self-quarantine) (as of 2020. Apr.11.).
Foreigners wishing to enter Myanmar for urgent official business or due to appropriate reasons fulfilling bellow conditions are exceptionally allowed to enter the country and be target of eased quarantine measures (as of 2020. Jun.19).
- Submit a COVID-19 Negative Certificate conducted at least 72 hours before entering Myanmar
- Prove that 7-day self-quarantine carried out in departing country before entering Myanmar
- Visit the Myanmar Embassy in Korea, apply for a visa, and the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Myanmar sends a list of exceptional applicants and reasons for their arrival via official letter.
- After 7-day facility or hotel quarantine after arrival, if the COVID-19 PCR test results negative, additional 7-day self-quarantine has to be carried before activity.
|All foreigners are bared from entering and transferring (as of 2020. Mar. 24).|
*Mandatory business trips (including official trips), study, medical treatment, parents, spouses, close family members of Brunei nationals and residents, and other special circumstances to approve their entry.
- Invitees in Brunei apply for Entry Travel Pass eight days before the trip on the Travel Portal website.
- Travelers are required to stay in departing country for at least 14 days before departing to Brunei, to issue a COVID 19 negative test result conducted within 72 hours before entering the country, to conduct COVID 19 test and be placed mandatory self-quarantine for 2-14 days(The quarantine period varies depending on the results of the Brunei government's own risk assessment upon arrival.) after arrival in Brunei (Additional tests are conducted on the 10th and 12th days for inbound travelers from high-risk areas), and to report their health status daily through the BruHealth app for the first 14 days of styaing in Brunei.
* Extension of restrictions on entry and diesel to Brunei via land/sea border (until 2021. June. 15)
- However, limited entry allowance in cases of official business trips, students, and emergency situations (emergency vehicles, police, soldiers)
- In the case of carriers authorized by the Brunei government to carry essential goods, a pass issued by the government is required.
Brunei-Singapore Mutual Greenlane Temporary Suspension (2021. May.20).
- Facility quarantine is required at the hotel for a period of time (determined after a risk assessment by the Ministry of Health)
*Brunei-Singapore Mutual Greenlane: Those of any nationality who are legally residing in Brunei and Singapore and require essential travel for business and official purposes can visit each other by applying for prior approval.
Immigration restrictions on India and neighboring countries (Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh) (until 2021. Jun.15)
- Temporary suspension of entry and transit permits for foreigners departed from or transited through the relevant country, and temporary suspension of departure permits for the relevant country.
- However, diplomatic passport holders and soldiers are exempt
|Philippines||From 21. May. 1, foreigners who have a valid visa on arrival are allowed to enter the country.|
*However, short-term visitor visa(9a) holders are required to submit entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs of Philippines.
- "Entry Exemption Document" means "DFA Entry Exception" issued by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs, and can only be entered once with one entry permit (separate entry permission is required for additional entry and departure)
*Former Philippine nationals, foreign spouses and children who enter the country with Philippine nationals or former Philippine nationals are allowed visa-free entry.
*Despite the above, until 21. June. 30, travelers from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Oman or UAE or those who have a history of visiting those countries within 14 days prior to arrival in the Philippines are barred from entry.
If exceptional entry is possible, the following measures are required before and after entry.
*Pre-booking designated accommodation/facilities for at least 10 nights
* Designated accommodation is available at https://quarantine.doh.gov.ph/category/news-and-events/ and entry will be denied for those do not have a reservation document.
* On the 7th day after arrival (calculated the day of arrival as 1st day) the COVID 19 PCR test conducted and if negative, facility quarantine will be lifted on the 10th day, and later switched to self-quarantine under the management of local governments until the 14th day after arrival.
*However, if a vaccine approved by the Philippine Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is fully inoculated in the Philippines and a vaccine card is held, the facility quarantine will be shortened to 7 days.
**A vaccine requiring only one vaccination is from the vaccination, and a vaccine requiring two vaccinations is two weeks after the second vaccination.
|Quarantine||Cambodia||From 2020. Mar.30, All foreigners are barred from entry into Cambodia|
(COVID 19 Negative CertificateAll foreigners who wish to enter Cambodia, are required to apply for a visa at the Cambodian Embassy in each country and submit a Covid-19 negative confirmation issued within 72 hours before departure, FORTE Insurance's COVID 19 insurance document, and invitation letter (no visa re-issuance if they have a valid visa previously issued).
- Exceptions for airline captains and flight crew for entry ban
- Travelers who have visited in or transited through India within 3 weeks prior to arrival in Cambodia are barred from entry(2021. Apr. 27)
(Entry Procedure)Submit a negative confirmation, insurance documents and invitation letter (those with newly issued visas) at the airport upon arrival in Cambodia, and go to designated hotels after COVID 19 test and wait until the results come out.. (COVID 19 diagnostic tests, quarantine and treatment costs are borne by traveler, and deposit 2,000 USD at the bank counter at the Phnom Penh airport upon arrival (as of 2020. Jun.15)
From 2020. Nov. 18, all travelers are placed under 14-day quarantined at a hotel designated by the Ministry of Health, regardless of whether or not a confirmed passenger has occurred (as of 2020. Nov.11)
|Reinforced Quarantine Measures and Recommendations||Thailand||Permit Limited Entry entry for foreigners|
(Cases of allowed entry as of 2020. Dec. 17) Those invited and authorized by the Thai prime minister, diplomats, international organizations, government delegations, a carrier of essential goods(departure immediately after completion of the mission), Thai spouses, parents or children, Thai permanent residency holders, work permit or labor permit holders, students of educational institutions approved by the Thai government and their parents, medical purposes except for COVID 19, and foreigners wish to acquire long-term residency visas, Thailand Elite Card/Thailand Privilege Card holders, Koreans holding APEC Card, foreigners who wish to invest or start a business in Thailand, foreigners who wish to shoot movies or broadcasts, foreigners using the visa-waiver, foreigners who want to acquire tourist visa (60-day stay), foreigners who want to acquire Special Tourist Visa (90-day stay), foreigners who are receiving government pensions after retirement, and athletes.
*(Pre-entry measure) Refrain from visiting and meeting dangerous areas 14 days prior to departure, Entry approval issued by residing country, Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate, COVID 19 negative confirmation (RT-PCR method) issued within 72 hours upon arrival; medical treatment insurance certificates covering 100,000 dollars or more (including COVID 19), reservation documents of government-designated quarantine venue, respiratory symptoms and fever test at departure
*(Post-entry measure)+A3 Respiratory symptoms and fever test, mandatory documents submission, monitoring system/application installation, at least 14-day quarantine (cost pay by individual travelers) at government-designated hotels (ASQ) and compliance with relevant regulations, RT-PCR-based COVID 19 test (3 times) (Extended quarantine period to 14 days from 2021. May. 1 - Existing 7 days (vaccination), 10 days (non-vaccination) quarantine period is not applicable)
From 2021. Mar. 1, allow transit between international flights at Suvarnabhumi Airport
*(Required documents) Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate, COVID-19 negative certificate (RT-PCR method) conducted within 72 hours before arrival in Thailand, and a insurance document covering over USD100,000 (including COVID-19 treatment)
*(Transit time and waiting place) Transit is required within 12 hours of arrival in Bangkok and waiting is only allowed in the Concourse E at the airport.
*Please contact each airline in advance regarding the availability of transit seats, timing, etc.
*From 2021.May.1.Temporary suspension of visa and COE (entry permit) issuance for foreigners from three countries with the outbreak of mutant virus from India (India, Pakistan and Bangladesh).
From 2021. May. 10, temporary suspension of issuance of visa and COE for foreigners arriving from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal
* Permanent residents and diplomats in Thailand (including accompanying family members) issue an entry permit, but are required to quarantine for at least 14 days after arrival
|Republic of Korea||1. Travelers holding passports issued by Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.|
2. Validity of existing visas issued by the Consulate General of the Repbulic of Korea in Wuhan (jurisdiction : Hubei, Hunan, Henan, Jiangxi) will be temporarily suspended.
3. All foreigners with travel history within the past 14 days to Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.
4. Visa-free entry to Jeju island for all foreigners will be temporarily suspended.
5. All visa exemption for nationals of the People's Republic of China and all foriegners coming from China will be suspended.
6. Visa-waiver program for Japanese nationals will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
7. Validity of existing visas issued by the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Korea in Japan will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
8. All travelers coming from abroad (Korean Nationals and Foreigners) are placed under 2-week self-quarantine or 2-week quarantine at a designated facility (as of April 1)
9. From April 1, All foreigners coming from abroad are placed under restriction of the scope of activities (accordance with the RESTRICTION ORDER ON THE SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES issued by Minister of Justice provided upon the entry) (as of Apr.1)
10. From 00:00 of April 13 (Monday), The following measures will be implemented (as of Apr. 4)
- Single/multiple short-term visas (stay within 90 days) issued before April 5th, temporarily suspended.
* Exceptions for visas equivalent to short-term employment (C-4), such as high-quality technicians invited by domestic companies and long-term visa (employment, investment, etc.)
- Suspension of visa exemption measures for countries/regions (90) that have signed a visa waiver agreement with the Republic of Korea or allowed visa-free entry by the government of the Republic of Korea among the countries/regions (151) that have taken entry measures to national of the Republic of Korea.
- (Reinforcement of visa screening) All applicants for a visa submit a medical certificate issued by a medical institution within 48 hours from the date of application.
* (Medical Certificate) List any symptoms related to COVID-19 such as fever, cough, chills, headache, muscle pain and pneumonia
* Restrict visa issuance in case of abnormal findings
* After receiving an application for a visa, a decision on whether to grant permission is made after a thorough examination, such as an interview on health status.
* However, rapid issuance of visa for the diplomatic and official purposes, purposes of essential business activities such as investment and technology provision, family members of national of the Republic of Korea or those who fall under urgent or humanitarian reasons (with the discretion of the head of the diplomatic mission)