|COVID-19 Status of Korea, and ASEAN Member States (as of Sept. 24)|
|Country||Total Cases||New Cases||Total Deaths||New Death||Recovered|
|Republic of Korea||292,699||1,716||2,427||8||262,842|
|Entry measures of ASEAN Member States in response to COVID-19 vis-a-vis arrivals from ROK (Sept. 24. 10:00)|
|Entry Ban||Singapore||In principle, short-term visitors are barred from entry into Singapore (Singapore nationals, permanent residents, long-term visa holders, family members of Singapore nationals, and visitors with humanitarian purposes (family death, etc.) can apply for short-term entry) and in case of entry, visitors will be placed under 7-day quarantine upon entry (but, all foreigners other than nationals/permanent residents must be approved prior to the entry).|
*See Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority website (safetravel.ica.gov.sg) for details
*Travelers arriving from Korea are placed under 7-day quarantine.
- Quarantine is possible at personal residence and personally reserved hotel/service apartments.
- In the case of living with a person other than family, self-quarantine is not allowed.
*(PCR test obligation) Visitors from the Republic of Korea (age over 3 years) requires submission of PCR negative confirmation within 48 hours of departure to Singapore.
*Conduct COVID 19 PCR test immediately after arrival for all arrivals (including nationals and permanent residents)
*(Those entering from overseas requires to pay by individual for test fee and etc.) ① Cost of test, ② Cost of Quarantine, ③ Cost of treatment for confirmed patient during 14 days of quarantine after arrival are required to be paid by individual travelers (applied same to the nationals, permanent residents, and long-term visa holders)
*(COVID 19 insurance required) For foreigners entering Singapore after 21. Jan. 31. 23:59, it is mandatory to sign up for COVID 19 insurance (provide insurance terms and conditions, etc. on immigration)
- Short-term visitors must sign up for the insurance that covers S$30,000 or more, and work visa holders must sign up for the insurance that covers S$10,000 or more (preparation for confirmed cases within 14 days of entering Singapore)
Singapore Airlines with an approved route by the Singapore government can transit through Singapore Changi Airport (plane departed from the Republic of Korea can transit through Singapore / required to submit PCR negative confirmation document test conducted with 48 hours before departure)
|Malaysia||From 2020. Mar. 18, all foreign nationals are not allowed to enter the country in principle, exceptional entry is allowed with prior approval (requires visa approval if necessary) from the immigration office (see the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Malaysia for details).|
*Exceptional entry requirements: Non-essential purposes (tourism, etc.) are not allowed to enter the country
- Reason for exception (visit without a visa): Restricted entry approval for an emergency, humanitarian reasons, official duties, and etc.
- Entrance authorization under the conditions of issuing visa: visa application is required from local companies, school institutions, etc. for labor, academic purposes, etc.
*Departure and re-entry to Malaysia: Departure and re-entry (within 60/90 days from the date of issuance of the approval letter in case of re-entry) are possible after obtaining prior approval from the Director-General of Immigration Malaysia (DGIM) before leaving Malaysia (public service, business, urgent reasons, and treatment purpose).
From 21. May. 25, the following quarantine measures apply when entering Malaysia.
* Submit the English negative confirmation report for COVID 19 swap test issued within 3 days before departure (not allowed to board or enter the country if the report is not submitted)
* Conduct swap test upon arrival at all inbound airports (self-burden)
* 14 days of facility quarantine (self-burden)
- Quarantine fees can be paid in advance via the web and individually reserved for quarantine hotels (premium hotels).
- Conduct 2nd swap test after 10 days of facility quarantine (self-burden)
- If quarantine is lifted, additional quarantine is possible for 7 days depending on the risk assessment of the Ministry of Health (self-burden).
- From Aug. 16, those who completed vaccination** and have residence suitable for self-quarantine can apply for self-quarantine to the Ministry of Health and be placed under self-quarantine after obtaining prior approval (apply 14 days before entering the country)
** 14 days after completion of 2 vaccinations (Pfizer, AZ, etc.) and 28 days after completion of 1 vaccination (Janssen, CanSino, etc.).
Malaysia Investment Development Authority operates the One Stop Center (OSC) to promote entry for purpose of business, and exempts short-term visitors from quarantine (investment, business owners, technical experts, etc.)
- See http://safetravel.mida.gov.my or embassy website
|Vietnam||From 2020. March 22, all foreigners are barred from entry into Vietnam (as of 2020. Mar. 21)|
*Except for diplomatic or official purposes and special cases (those who participates important event, expert, corporate manager, and high-level technical personnel and their families (parent, spouse, child), foreign students, college students, humanitarian or therapeutic entry applicants) (not guaranteed, but negotiation with Vietnam government in advance is required) (as of 2021. Jul.5)
- In case of exceptional entry, notify/register health authorities after arrival, prepare and submit quarantine questionnaires, present a negative confirmation of the COVID 19 PCR test conducted within 72 hours of departure, sign up for international medical insurance, or paid by the invited organization for treatment (as of 2021. Jul.5)
*Announcement of health guidelines that overseas arrivals (excluding short-term business trips less than 14 days) will be quarantined at isolation facilities for 14 days (as of 2021. Jul.14).
- Including 14-days of monitoring of health conditions after the completion of facility isolation
- For those who completed WHO-approved vaccination (or completed recovery after infection), reduce the period of facility quarantine from 14 days to 7 days (medical monitoring 7 days after facility quarantine ) (announced 2021. Aug. 4.)
|Lao PDR||All foreigners are barred from entering the country until a further notice|
*Pre-authorization of the Laos COVID 19 Countermeasures Committee is required prior to arrival, and the results of the COVID 19 test issued within 72 hours (only RT-PCR is recognized) are required if the entry is desired for urgent business performance.
- Conduct a diagnostic test immediately after arrival (costs about 650,000 Lao Kip = USD 70 borne by individual) and Quarantine at designated facilities for 14 days (for diplomats, 14 days at government-designated facilities or hotels, not at home)
- Require to carry tracking device (USD6 per day for rental) for 14 days and to have COVID-19 insurance (USD100)
Group tourists allowed to enter the country with permission from the National Taskforce Committee for COVID 19 Precention and control of Laos
Suspension of all visas to citizens of the COVID-19 outbreak country (some experts for major business, technicians, overseas workers, etc. may enter the country with exception)
*Valid visa holders can enter the country through the entry permit procedure (see the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Lao PDR).
|Indonesia||From 21. Feb. 9. until further notice, all foreigners are barred from entering Indonesia|
*Exception of entry restriction (ease on entry restriction from 2021. Sep. 15)
1. Diplomacy/Official visa, Diplomacy/Official stay visa holders, KITAS (short-term employment visa), KITAP (long-term stay visa), new KITAS (VITAS), (business, family) visitor visa.
* Those with APEC Travel Card are allowed to enter the country without a visa.
2. Another Ordinance of the Minister of Justice No. 27 (July 19, 2021) is valid.
3. However, the visa validity period must remain for three months, and foreigners can only enter the country through Jakarta Soekarno Hatta Airport and Manado International Airport.
*Even in case of exceptional entry, the vaccination completion certificate and PCR negative results issued within 72 hours prior to departure are mandatory to hold(as of 2021. July. 6).
- (Exceptions for vaccination certificate) Foreigners under the age of 12 years with their parents, foreigners under the age of 12 to 17 years, foreigners who have diplomatic/public visa holders, and those who cannot be vaccinated due to health reasons*
* Health certificates, findings, and medically supportive data are required from specialists stating that the person cannot be vaccinated.
*RT-PCR test is carried out when entering Indonesia, and if negative, hotel quarantine is carried out for 8 days from the date of arrival and self-quarantine is carried out for the remaining 6 days (TCA arrivals are exempted from quarantine due to reciprocity)
- RT-PCR re-test is conducted on Day 1 and Day 7 of the quarantine period, and if the RT-PCR is conducted on Day 7 results negative, travelers can continue their next trip.
- If PCR tests on the 1st day and 7th day of quarantine confirm positive, travelers will be moved to the hotel for 14-day quarantine, and if tested negative on the 14th day, travelers can continue their next trip.
|Myanmar||Take-off and landing ban measures for international flights (Entry ban on foreigners)|
Suspending visa issuance for all foreign entrants except diplomats, U.N. officials, ships and aircraft crew members, and suspending visa exemptions granted to all foreigners, including ASEAN member states according to mutual agreement. (as of 2020. Mar. 29)
* Diplomats and U.N. officials are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic Missions in their country and submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before boarding), and placed under 14-day self-quarantine after arrival
* Ship or aircraft crew members are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic missions in their country and comply with the most recent guidelines and instructions from the Ministry of Transport and Communications
From 2020. March 25, all foreigners are required to submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before departure date) upon boarding the aircraft. (as of 2020. Mar. 24)
* All foreigners coming from neighboring countries of Myanmar via land route are barred from entry (as of 2020. Mar. 19.)
- the People's Republic of China, Thailand, India, Lao PDR, Bangladesh.
For all foreigners will be placed under facility and self quarantine with expanded period of 28 days (21 days after facility quarantine and 7 days self-quarantine) (as of 2020. Apr.11.).
Foreigners wishing to enter Myanmar for urgent official business or due to appropriate reasons fulfilling bellow conditions are exceptionally allowed to enter the country and be target of eased quarantine measures (as of 2020. Jun.19).
- Submit a COVID-19 Negative Certificate conducted at least 72 hours before entering Myanmar
- Prove that 7-day self-quarantine carried out in departing country before entering Myanmar
- Visit the Myanmar Embassy in Korea, apply for a visa, and the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Myanmar sends a list of exceptional applicants and reasons for their arrival via official letter.
- After 7-day facility or hotel quarantine after arrival, if the COVID-19 PCR test results negative, additional 7-day self-quarantine has to be carried before activity.
|All foreigners are bared from entering and transferring (as of 2020. Mar. 24).|
*Mandatory business trips (including official trips), study, medical treatment, parents, spouses, close family members of Brunei nationals and residents, and otherspecial circumstances to approve their entry.
- Invitees in Brunei apply for Entry Travel Pass eight days before the trip on the Travel Portal website.
- Travelers are required to stay in departing country for at least 14 days before departing to Brunei, to issue a COVID 19 negative test result conducted within 72 hours before entering the country, to conduct COVID 19 test and be placed mandatory self-quarantine for 2-14 days(The quarantine period varies depending on the results of the Brunei government's own risk assessment upon arrival.) after arrival in Brunei (Additional tests are conducted on the 10th and 12th days for inbound travelers from high-risk areas), and to report their health status daily through the BruHealth app for the first 14 days of styaing in Brunei.
* Extension of restrictions on entry and diesel to Brunei via land/sea border
- However, limited entry allowance in cases of official business trips, students, and emergency situations (emergency vehicles, police, soldiers)
- In the case of carriers authorized by the Brunei government to carry essential goods, a pass issued by the government is required and rapid antigen test conducted.
Brunei-Singapore Mutual Greenlane Resume (from 2021. Jul. 12).
*Brunei-Singapore Mutual Greenlane: Those of any nationality who are legally residing in Brunei and Singapore and require essential travel for business and official purposes can visit each other by applying for prior approval.
Immigration restrictions on India and neighboring countries (Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh, Indonesia) (Until further announcement)
- Temporary suspension of entry and transit permits for foreigners departed from or transited through the relevant country, and temporary suspension of departure permits for the relevant country.
- However, diplomatic passport holders and soldiers are exempt
|Philippines||Foreigners who have a valid visa on arrival are allowed to enter the country.|
*However, short-term visitor visa(9a) holders are required to submit entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs of Philippines.
- "Entry Exemption Document" means "DFA Entry Exception" issued by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs, and can only be entered once with one entry permit and valid for 90 days after issuance. (separate entry permission is required for additional entry and departure)- Foreign spouses, parents, and children of Philippines nationals may enter the country with a valid short-term visit visa (9a) without a special entry permit.
*Former Philippine nationals, foreign spouses and children who enter the country with Philippine nationals or former Philippine nationals are allowed visa-free entry.
* However, despite the above, foreigners departing from high-risk countries/regions (Red List)** or visited the area within 14 days before entering the Philippines are barred from entering the country until 2021. Sep. 30.
** Grenada, Papua New Guinea, Serbia, Slovenia.
Foreigners departing from a medium-risk country/region (Yellow)** or visited the area within 14 days before entering the Philippines are placed under 14-day quarantine regardless of whether they are vaccinated (10-day facility quarantine + 4-day self-quarantine)
** All countries and regions that do not belong to high-risk and low-risk countries/regions are classified as medium-risk countries/regions (The Republic of Korea is a medium-risk country)
* Conduct PCR test on the 7th day after arrival, even if it is negative the facility quarantine will be lifted on the 10th day, and then converted to self-quarantine under the management of the local government until the 14th day after arrival.
* Reservation at least 10 nights in advance at designated accommodation/facilities.
- Designated accommodation can be found at https://quarantine.doh.gov.ph/category/news-and-events/. Those without a reservation document cannot enter the country.
Before entering the Philippines, travelers stayed in a low-risk country ** (The Republic of Korea is not included) for more than 14 days, if he/she is vaccinated, has a certificate (ICV, etc.) and is recognized by the Philippine quarantine authorities will be placed under 7-day facility quarantine (conduct PCR test on the 5th day of arrival).
** Algeria, American Samoa, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Chad, the People's Republic of China, Comoros, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Falkland Islands, Micronesia, Gabon, Hong Kong, Hungary, Kiribati, Madagascar, Marshall Islands, Mali, Monserrat, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Niue, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Poland, Congo, Dutch Saba, Saint Helena, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Sint Eustatius, Solomon Islands, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tajikistan, Tokelau, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Yemen.
* Criteria for completion of vaccination: Vaccines requiring only one vaccination are from the day of vaccination, and vaccines requiring two vaccinations are from the day which has passed two weeks from the day of vaccination (On the vaccination criteria, please check separately with the Philippine bureau of quarantine (email@example.com))
|Quarantine||Cambodia||From 2020. Mar.30, All foreigners are barred from entry into Cambodia|
(COVID 19 Negative CertificateAll foreigners who wish to enter Cambodia, are required to apply for a visa at the Cambodian Embassy in each country and submit a Covid-19 negative confirmation issued within 72 hours before departure, FORTE Insurance's COVID 19 insurance document, and invitation letter (no visa re-issuance if they have a valid visa previously issued).
- Exceptions for airline captains and flight crew for entry ban
- Travelers who have visited in or transited through India within 3 weeks prior to arrival in Cambodia are barred from entry(2021. Apr. 27)
(Entry Procedure)Submit a negative confirmation, insurance documents and invitation letter (those with newly issued visas) at the airport upon arrival in Cambodia, and go to designated hotels after COVID 19 test and wait until the results come out.. (COVID 19 diagnostic tests, quarantine and treatment costs are borne by traveler, and deposit 2,000 USD at the bank counter at the Phnom Penh airport upon arrival (as of 2020. Jun.15)
From 2020. Nov. 18, all travelers are placed under 14-day quarantined at a hotel designated by the Ministry of Health, regardless of whether or not a confirmed passenger has occurred (as of 2020. Nov.11)
|Thailand||Permit Limited Entry entry for foreigners|
(Cases of allowed entry as of 2020. Dec. 17) Those invited and authorized by the Thai prime minister, diplomats, international organizations, government delegations, a carrier of essential goods(departure immediately after completion of the mission), Thai spouses, parents or children, Thai permanent residency holders, work permit or labor permit holders, students of educational institutions approved by the Thai government and their parents, medical purposes except for COVID 19, and foreigners wish to acquire long-term residency visas, Thailand Elite Card/Thailand Privilege Card holders, Koreans holding APEC Card, foreigners who wish to invest or start a business in Thailand, foreigners who wish to shoot movies or broadcasts, foreigners using the visa-waiver, foreigners who want to acquire tourist visa (60-day stay), foreigners who want to acquire Special Tourist Visa (90-day stay), foreigners who are receiving government pensions after retirement, and athletes.
*(Pre-entry measure) Refrain from visiting and meeting dangerous areas 14 days prior to departure, Entry approval issued by residing country, COVID 19 negative confirmation (RT-PCR method) issued within 72 hours upon arrival; medical treatment insurance certificates covering 100,000 dollars or more (including COVID 19), reservation documents of government-designated quarantine venue, respiratory symptoms and fever test at departure
*(Post-entry measure) Respiratory symptoms and fever test, mandatory documents submission, monitoring system/application installation, at least 14-day quarantine (cost pay by individual travelers) at government-designated hotels (ASQ) and compliance with relevant regulations, RT-PCR-based COVID 19 test (3 times) (Extended quarantine period to 14 days from 2021. May. 1 - Existing 7 days (vaccination), 10 days (non-vaccination) quarantine period is not applicable)
From 2021. Mar. 1, allow transit between international flights at Suvarnabhumi Airport
*(Required documents) Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate, COVID-19 negative certificate (RT-PCR method) conducted within 72 hours before arrival in Thailand, and a insurance document covering over USD100,000 (including COVID-19 treatment)
*(Transit time and waiting place) Transit is required within 12 hours of arrival in Bangkok and waiting is only allowed in the Concourse E at the airport.
*Please contact each airline in advance regarding the availability of transit seats, timing, etc.
*From 2021.May.1.Temporary suspension of visa and COE (entry permit) issuance for foreigners from three countries with the outbreak of mutant virus from India (India, Pakistan and Bangladesh).
From 2021. May. 10, temporary suspension of issuance of visa and COE for foreigners arriving from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal
* Permanent residents and diplomats in Thailand (including accompanying family members) issue an entry permit, but are required to quarantine for at least 14 days after arrival
|Republic of Korea||1. Travelers holding passports issued by Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.|
2. Validity of existing visas issued by the Consulate General of the Repbulic of Korea in Wuhan (jurisdiction : Hubei, Hunan, Henan, Jiangxi) will be temporarily suspended.
3. All foreigners with travel history within the past 14 days to Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.
4. Visa-free entry to Jeju island for all foreigners will be temporarily suspended.
5. All visa exemption for nationals of the People's Republic of China and all foriegners coming from China will be suspended.
6. Visa-waiver program for Japanese nationals will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
7. Validity of existing visas issued by the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Korea in Japan will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
8. All travelers coming from abroad (Korean Nationals and Foreigners) are placed under 2-week self-quarantine or 2-week quarantine at a designated facility (as of April 1)
9. From April 1, All foreigners coming from abroad are placed under restriction of the scope of activities (accordance with the RESTRICTION ORDER ON THE SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES issued by Minister of Justice provided upon the entry) (as of Apr.1)
10. From 00:00 of April 13 (Monday), The following measures will be implemented (as of Apr. 4)
- Single/multiple short-term visas (stay within 90 days) issued before April 5th, temporarily suspended.
* Exceptions for visas equivalent to short-term employment (C-4), such as high-quality technicians invited by domestic companies and long-term visa (employment, investment, etc.)
- Suspension of visa exemption measures for countries/regions (90) that have signed a visa waiver agreement with the Republic of Korea or allowed visa-free entry by the government of the Republic of Korea among the countries/regions (151) that have taken entry measures to national of the Republic of Korea.
- (Reinforcement of visa screening) All applicants for a visa submit a medical certificate issued by a medical institution within 48 hours from the date of application.
* (Medical Certificate) List any symptoms related to COVID-19 such as fever, cough, chills, headache, muscle pain and pneumonia
* Restrict visa issuance in case of abnormal findings
* After receiving an application for a visa, a decision on whether to grant permission is made after a thorough examination, such as an interview on health status.
* However, rapid issuance of visa for the diplomatic and official purposes, purposes of essential business activities such as investment and technology provision, family members of national of the Republic of Korea or those who fall under urgent or humanitarian reasons (with the discretion of the head of the diplomatic mission)