|COVID-19 Status of Korea, and ASEAN Member States (as of August. 4)|
|Country||Total Cases||New Cases||Total Deaths||New Death||Recovered|
|Republic of Korea||14,389||23||301||13,280|
|Entry measures of ASEAN Member States in response to COVID-19 vis-a-vis arrivals from ROK (August. 4. 10:00)|
|Entry Ban||Singapore||From 23:59 of March 23, all short-term visitors are barred from entry into and trasit through Singapore (as of Mar. 22)|
*Singaporean nationals, permanent residents, and long-term visa holders are allowed to enter the country on condition of 14-day quarantine** and to conduct a diagnostic examination with the cost burdened by traveler before the end of quarantine (SGD 200, as of Jun. 18) (required to submit a health certificate via online three days prior to arrival)
* Travelers who have been in the Republic of Korea, Japan, the People's Republic of China, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Brunei Darussalam, Hong Kong, and Macao within the past 14 days will be quarantined at their homes or residences, while others will be quarantined at designated facilities (as of Jun.18) / However, long-term visa holders will have to pay for their own quarantine (SGD 2,000) for quarantine at designated facilities.
*(Allowing Restricted Transfer) Only passengers departing from some cities of Australia and New Zealand** from June 11 and some cities of the Republic of Korea, the People's Republic of China and Japan*** from June 23 using Singapore National Airlines (Singapore Airlines, Silk Air, Scoot Airlines) can transfer through Changi Airport.
** (Australia) Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney / (New Zealand) Oakland, Christchurch
*** (Korea) Seoul / (China) Hong Kong, Chongqing, Shanghai, Guangzhou/ (Japan) Osaka, Tokyo
*From March 30, long-term visa holders are required to obtain prior approval before entry of Singapore, and those who have received prior approval are required to submit a prior approval form (valid for 2 weeks) upon airport check-in and after arrival in Singapore (as of Mar.29).
- Those who do not hold prior approval form must leave Singapore within 48 hours upon the arrival in Singapore (travelers bear the expenses), long-term visa will be canceled in case of failure of following above measure.
|Malaysia||From March 18, All foreigners are barred from entry into Malaysia (until separate notice)|
*(Exceptional entry targets) ① Spouse and children of a Malaysian national (with Proof of Family Relationship and Dependent Pass), ② permanent residency holders,③ foreigners participating in the MM2H program approved separately by the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (with PCR COVID19 negative results issued within 3 days before entry), and ④ diplomats
- However, even in the case of ①, ② and ③, those who left Malaysia after Movement Restriction Order (Mar. 18), travelers can re-enter the country after prior approval of the Director of Immigration
(Exceptional entry targets, such as foreign workers) Hold PCR test negative results issued within 3 days before arrival (validated or approved related visa holders)
* Among the following targets, those who are currently residing in Malaysia need a letter of prior approval from the Director of Immigration prior to departure for departure and re-entry to Malaysia, and re-entry is possible within 60 days from the date of issuance of the letter of approval.
- Work visa-Caterogy 1 holders and residential visa-Talent holders and their dependents and foreign housework assistants can enter the country without approval of the Director of Immigration (However, in case of departure from Malaysia later then July 11, prior approval from the Director of Immigration for departure and reentry is required before departure.)
*Even if the period of approval from the Immigration Committee remains, if the visa has expired, issuing a letter of prior approval from the Immigration Bureau and a single entry visa from the Embassy in Seoul are required to enter the country.
- Work visa-Category 2 or 3 holders and their dependents and foreign housework assistants, Professional Visit Pass (PVP) holders, work visa and residential visa-Talent holders' Long Term Social Visit Pass holders (children over 18 years of age, parents, etc.) can enter the country with prior approval from relevant agencies and Director of Immigration.
* (Exceptional entry for foreign students at universities) Foreign students at public and private universities can enter with COVID-19 test (PCR) negative result document within 3 day before entry and pre-approval from applicable school, Education Malaysia, and head of Immigration Bureau.
- Existing student: ① Currently valid student visa holders, ② Those who needs extension after 2020.2.1. (Entry approval for new students will be suspended until a separate notice.
(For ②, Single Entry Visa is required to be issued from the Embassy of Malaysia in Korea.)
* Starting from 7.24, all inbound travelers will have 14-day self-quarantine (self-burden) at government-designated facilities.
- Submit the copy of LoU (Letter of Undertaking and Indemnity) to the Malaysian Embassy in Seoul before entry, issuance of entry permit by Malaysian Embassy in Seoul, and download the MySejahtera app to enter necessary information. (Original LoU, entry permit, and other immigration-issued entry documents are required to be carried during the entry process.)
- Although it is not mandatory to undergo COVID19 test within 3 days prior to arrival, it is necessary to contact the airline for such things as those required by airline regulations.
- After entry, travelers with the symptoms are transferred to the hospital through the health examination of the Ministry of Health and conduct the COVID19 test (self-burden)
|Philippines||From 00:00 of March 22, accordance with the measure of suspension of visa issuance and visa on arrival, all foreigners are barred from entry into the Philippines (as of Mar. 19)|
- Formerly issued visas are considered canceled, however, visa for spouse and children of Philippine national (required to hold proof of marriage or parent-child relationship when entry without Philippine national), visa issued to foreign government and international organization staff members, and foreign crew members are exempt.
* Transit from the 3rd country through Philippine to the Republic of Korea is not allowed Starting from August 1, long-term visa holders are allowed to enter the country (as of Jul. 17).
- Only target to immigrant visa (permanent residency) defined in Article 13 of the Philippine immigration law, and retirement visa, work visa, student visa and other visa holders are barred from entering.
- Reservation of isolation facilities (hotels, etc.) and COVID 19 testing companies designated by the Philippine authorities before entering the country is required
*Since there are limit of the number of people entering per day, each airline has a limited number of passenger for each date. Caution is required when booking tickets.
Categorize all foreigners entering the Philippines as subject to strict quarantine and mandatory quarantine considering COVID-19 status of origin country and symptoms upon entry (as of May 6)
- Subjects to strict quarantine* are subject to real-time genetic amplification tests and are placed under quarantine at strict isolation facilities until the test results are obtained.
(negative results) travelers are released from the quarantine at facilities and placed under 14-day self-quarantine at residence or local observation facility.
(positive results) travelers are transported to hospitals or separate treatment facilities
*A person from a high-risk area or area with a high level of infection according to the latest WHO report has been identified by the quarantine officer as having influenza symptoms.
- Subjects to mandatory quarantine* are subject to antibody rapid diagnosis and placed under 14-day quarantine at facilities designated by the Philippine Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
*All but strict quarantine targets are subject to mandatory quarantine.
*(Luzon Island) all travel on land, with domestic flight and domestic ship from/to Metro Manila and entire Luzon Island to/from other regions are barred (as of Apr. 7.)
- Foreigners are allowed to depart from international airports in Luzon Island.
*(Cebu) From March 27, All travelers coming aboard international passenger flights are barred to entry into Cebu (as of Mar.27.)
*(General Santos) From March 16, all travelers coming from Metro Manila are placed under self-quarantine. Preventive measures to all visitors of airport and seaports, etc. (Davao) No official quarantine measures to travelers, but there is a case of quarantine of Korean traveler.
*(Batangas) All travelers visited countries with COVID-19 positives are placed under 14-day self-quarantine
|Vietnam||From March 22, all foreigners are barred from entry into Vietnam (as of Mar. 21)|
- In case of entry for diplomatic or official purpose, and participating major external events are allowed (Entry is not guaranteed and only those who have been fully consulted with the Vietnamese government in advance)
* Visa Waiver Certificate issued to Vietnamese foreigners and their families has been suspended (from 3.12 for Korean)
* Those who enter Vietnam must comply with the medical examination process and be subject to quarantine at a designated facility, and those with diplomatic and official purposes and in special cases (experts, business managers and personnel with advanced technology), are required to appropriate regulations and quarantine procedure at their accommodations
* 15-day visa exemptions for South Koreans are temporarily suspended. (as of Feb.29)
* Aborting visa issuance for all foreigners (as of Mar. 17)
*In case of entering Vietnam with visa for special circumstances (experts, businessmen, and advanced technical personnel), visa-free or visa-free certificate, travelers submit a Vietnamese-recognized COVID-19 negative certificate*
- COVID-19 negative certificate should contain information such as the person's name, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number, address in the country, residence address in Vietnam, test agency name, test sample date, test date, test method, test result, and scheduled date of entry, and valid only for three days from the date of the test result.
*All travelers entering the country are placed under 14-day facility quarantine and required to carry out 2 times of diagnostic test,
|Lao PDR||Until August 31, all foreigners are barred from entry into Lao PDR (as of Jul. 30)|
*Suspension on the issuance of all visas to the citizens of COVID-19 affected countries. (some experts, technicians, overseas workers and others related to major projects are allowed to enter the country, travelers entering are placed post-entry diagnostic tests and 14-days quarantine at a designated facility) (as of May. 2)
*Travelers with valid visa can enter through entry authorization process (Please refer homepage of Embassy of the Republic of Korea to Lao PDR)
*Foreigners returning home and leaving for a third country can leave the country through prior consultation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (as of Mar. 29)
|Indonesia||Starting from April 2, all foreigners are barred from entry into and transit through Indonesia (as of Mar. 31).|
* (Exception target) holders of long-term permits (KITAS/KITAP) with valid period of stay and re-entry, holders of diplomatic/official visas, holders of diplomatic/official residence permits, those who visit for humanitarian purposes such as medical or food aid, land/sea/aircraft transport workers, and foreign nationals who participate in national strategic projects.
* (Entrance quarantine measures) Foreigners entering the country carry a health certificate proving PCR negative results issued within 7 days before departure, in case of entry without health certificate, with PCR negative result passed 7 days, or without PCR negative result, conduct a quick diagnosis at the arrival. In case of result positive, the traveler will be transported to hospital, in case of result negative the traveler will be placed under quarantine at designated facility.
* (Administrative measures after entering the country) 14-day self-quarantine (submit a health certificate to the embassy and require the competent health authorities to manage it, but it is inadequately managed)
|Myanmar||Foreigners who have travel history to the Republic of Korea(Daegu-city and North Gyeongsang province), Hubei province of the People's Republic of China within the past 14 days are barred from entry into Myanmar(as of Mar. 15)|
From March 25, all foreigners are required to submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before departure date) upon boarding the aircraft. (as of Mar. 24)
*Before the above measures take effect, travelers are subject to self-quarantine as former measure, and are required to hold health certificates (including the absence of acute respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, and respiratory problems issued by medical facilities approved by the Korean health authorities).
* All travelers with travel history to United States, Switzerland, UK, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Sweden and Denmark within the past 14 days are placed under 14-day quarantine at a designated facility (as of Mar. 20.)
* All foreigners coming from neighboring countries of Myanmar via land route are barred from entry (as of Mar. 19.)
- the People's Republic of China, Thailand, India, Lao PDR, Bangladesh.
For all foreigners will be placed under facility and self quarantine with expanded period of 28 days (21 days after facility quarantine and 7 days self-quarantine) (as of Apr.11.).
*From March 29, suspending visa issuance for all foreign entrants except diplomats, U.N. officials, ships and aircraft crew members, and suspending visa exemptions granted to all foreigners, including ASEAN member states according to mutual agreement.
* Diplomats and U.N. officials are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic Missions in their country and submit a COVID-19 negative certificate (issued within 72 hours before boarding), and placed under 14-day self-quarantine after arrival (as of Mar. 29).
* Ship or aircraft crew members are obliged to apply for an entry visa at Myanmar Diplomatic missions in their country and comply with the most recent guidelines and instructions from the Ministry of Transport and Communications (as of Mar.29)
Foreigners wishing to enter Myanmar for urgent official business or due to appropriate reasons fulfilling bellow conditions are exceptionally allowed to enter the country and be target of eased quarantine measures (as of Jun.19).
- Submit a COVID-19 Negative Certificate conducted at least 72 hours before entering Myanmar
- Prove that 7-day self-quarantine carried out in departing country before entering Myanmar
- Visit the Myanmar Embassy in Korea, apply for a visa, and the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Myanmar sends a list of exceptional applicants and reasons for their arrival via official letter.
- After 7-day facility or hotel quarantine after arrival, if the COVID-19 PCR test results negative, additional 7-day self-quarantine has to be carried before activity.
Until August 31, international passenger flights are barred from landing
|Reinforced Quarantine |
|Foreign nationals who have obtained prior entry approval from Brunei's Immigration and National Registration are allowed to enter the country.|
- Pre-entry applications must be made via the Immigration Bureau e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and must be approved in advance before departing for Brunei.
*All travelers are placed under 14-day quarantine at the government designated facilities and conduct COVID 19 diagnostic test upon arrival (foreigners are responsible for the cost)
|Thailand||From July 1, Permit Limited Entry|
- Those invited and authorized by the Thai prime minister, spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals, Thai permanent residency holders, work permit or labor permit holders, flight attendants, students of educational institutions approved by the Thai government and their parents, medical purposes, diplomatic corps, international organizations, government delegates and their spouses, parents, and children.
*(Pre-entry measure) Refrain from visiting and meeting dangerous areas 14 days prior to departure, Entry approval issued by residing country, Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate, COVID 19 negative confirmation (RT-PCR method) issued within 72 hours upon arrival; medical treatment insurance certificates covering 100,000 dollars or more (including COVID 19), reservation documents of government-designated quarantine venue, respiratory symptoms and fever test at departure
(Post-entry measure) respiratory symptoms and fever test, submission of mandatory documents, installation of monitoring systems/applications, quarantine at government-designated venue for at least 14 days and compliance with relevant regulations, RT-PCR-based COVID 19 test
|Cambodia||All foreigners are barred from entry into Cambodia (from 23:59 of March 30)|
(COVID-19 Negative Certificate) All foreigners who wish to enter Cambodia are required to apply for a visa at the Cambodian Embassy in their country, and submit a COVID-19 Negative Certificate issued within 72 hours (based on the flight departure time) and an insurance card covering USD 50,000 or more.
*(Exception) Diplomatic and official visa holders (COVID 19 negative confirmation required, insurance card is not required.), Airline Captains and Crews (as of Mar.31)
travelers will bear expenses for COVID19 test, quarantine and treatment, and for that travelers are required to deposit 3,000 USD at the bank counter at the airport upon arrival at Phnom Penh (as of Jun. 11)
*If all passengers are found to be negative, all passengers will be placed under 14-day self-quarantine, and if any one is found to be positive, all passengers will be placed under 14-day quarantined at a facility designated by the Cambodian government. (as of May. 20)
|Republic of Korea||1. Travelers holding passports issued by Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.|
2. Validity of existing visas issued by the Consulate General of the Repbulic of Korea in Wuhan (jurisdiction : Hubei, Hunan, Henan, Jiangxi) will be temporarily suspended.
3. All foreigners with travel history within the past 14 days to Hubei Province of the People's Republic of China are restricted from entry into the Republic of Korea.
4. Visa-free entry to Jeju island for all foreigners will be temporarily suspended.
5. All visa exemption for nationals of the People's Republic of China and all foriegners coming from China will be suspended.
6. Visa-waiver program for Japanese nationals will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
7. Validity of existing visas issued by the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Korea in Japan will be temporarily suspended. (as of Mar.9)
8. All travelers coming from abroad (Korean Nationals and Foreigners) are placed under 2-week self-quarantine or 2-week quarantine at a designated facility (as of April 1)
9. From April 1, All foreigners coming from abroad are placed under restriction of the scope of activities (accordance with the RESTRICTION ORDER ON THE SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES issued by Minister of Justice provided upon the entry) (as of Apr.1)
10. From 00:00 of April 13 (Monday), The following measures will be implemented (as of Apr. 4)
- Single/multiple short-term visas (stay within 90 days) issued before April 5th, temporarily suspended.
* Exceptions for visas equivalent to short-term employment (C-4), such as high-quality technicians invited by domestic companies and long-term visa (employment, investment, etc.)
- Suspension of visa exemption measures for countries/regions (90) that have signed a visa waiver agreement with the Republic of Korea or allowed visa-free entry by the government of the Republic of Korea among the countries/regions (151) that have taken entry measures to national of the Republic of Korea.
- (Reinforcement of visa screening) All applicants for a visa submit a medical certificate issued by a medical institution within 48 hours from the date of application.
* (Medical Certificate) List any symptoms related to COVID-19 such as fever, cough, chills, headache, muscle pain and pneumonia
* Restrict visa issuance in case of abnormal findings
* After receiving an application for a visa, a decision on whether to grant permission is made after a thorough examination, such as an interview on health status.
* However, rapid issuance of visa for the diplomatic and official purposes, purposes of essential business activities such as investment and technology provision, family members of national of the Republic of Korea or those who fall under urgent or humanitarian reasons (with the discretion of the head of the diplomatic mission)