The following are the winners of the 2020 ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest:
Grand Prize (1):
- Yanminn YONG (Malaysia) & LEE Hock Chye (Singapore) | "Strengthening ASEAN-ROK Digital-Economic Cooperation via Integrated e-Platform"
Second Prize (2):
- Calista CHONG (Singapore) | "The Defining Decade of Digitalisation - New Frontiers in ASEAN-Korea Digital Cooperation"
- KIM Youngheon & NAM Hyun Jin (Korea) | "ASEAN-ROK Digital Cooperation in Virtual Tourism During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic"
Third Prize (3*):
- CHOI Myungjin & YOO Jieun (Korea) | "함께하는 한-아세안: 디지털 인문학 관점에서의 포스트코로나 VR 관광 문화 콘텐츠 협력"
- Michael Joseph G. OSTIQUE (Philippines) | "Digitalization and International Trade in Services: Probing Country- and Sector-Level Indicators to Optimize the Impact of ASEAN-Korea Partnership"
- HOANG Hai Yen & LE Thi MInh Doan (Vietnam) | "Korea-ASEAN e-Commerce Partnership in the post-COVID-19 Era: Towards New Potentials"
- CHOI Heera & JEONG Hyunsoo (Korea) | "Narrowing the ASEAN Cultural Gap Using ICT: Korea-ASEAN Virtual Gallery"
- Ellyaty Priyanka & Nida Azarine Irmanti (Indonesia) | "Mapping & Predicting Potentials of Blockchain Cooperation between Korea & Indonesia in Light of Post-COVID-19"
- BORA Bormeysophoan & CHEY Nalin (Cambodia) | "ASEAN-ROK Digital Partnership in Smart City"
- Caroline Anne YONG Suk Zhen & SIU Tzyy Wei (Brunei Darussalam) | "Of Digital Divides and Paradigm Shifts: A Letter to the Future"
*An additional winner for the third prize was selected given the score tie.
**Having received a large number of quality entries this year, the Committee has decided to additionally award four teams as "Special Recognition".
The above mentioned results have been informed to the awardees individually.
Thank you for your valuable participation in the Contest. We look forward to your continued interest in the ASEAN-Korea Centre´s activities.
Call for Papers: 2020 ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest
ASEAN-Korea Centre, Center for ASEAN and Indian Studies of the Korea National Diplomatic Academy, CSIS Indonesia
ASEAN Secretariat, ROK Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ASEAN University Network
The 2019 ASEAN-ROK Commemorative Summit was a diplomatic milestone that demonstrated the thriving partnership between the 10 ASEAN Member States and Korea over the past three decades. As ASEAN and Korea advance into the next 30 years of heightened relations, however, COVID-19 pandemic swept across the globe, interrupting collaborations between ASEAN and Korea in almost every fields. Amid the unprecedented challenges that require a collaborative response more than ever, ASEAN-Korea partnership should be adaptive to the post-COVID-19 era.
Against such backdrop, the 2020 ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest invites students to conduct in-depth intellectual works on how ASEAN and Korea can navigate through the present uncertainties and turn this crisis into an opportunity. This year, the Contest seeks to enhance academic and professional quality of submissions by engaging professors as advisors for the essays and allow co-authorship (up to 2 students).
ASEAN-Korea Digital Partnership in the Post-COVID-19 Era
Under the pandemic, physical or social distancing has been actively promoted to counter the spread of the disease. This has in turn accelerated rapid digitalization in every aspect of daily lives, and cooperation in digital field has become more important than ever. ASEAN and Korea have been partnering in many areas in the digital sphere including e-commerce, e-learning, IT startup and social media. How can ASEAN and Korea strengthen their digital partnership in the post-COVID-19 era? What are the areas of ASEAN-Korea digital cooperation to be eyed on?
The contest invites all ASEAN and Korean undergraduate and graduate students
- Submissions must be endorsed by an academic advisor (professor)
- Applicants can submit as a team consisting up to 2 students
* For team entries, all members must meet eligibility to participate in the Contest
- English or Korean
*Abstract must be written in English for both English and Korean essays.
DEADLINE AND REQUIREMENTS
Submission by: 8 November 2020 (Korea Standard Time)
Winner Announcement: 10 December 2020
3) Application form (by participants)
4) Recommendation form (by advisor)
|Max. 4,000 words or 10 pages|
Times New Roman
|Max. 3,000 words or 10 pages|
|*Abstract: 500 words / 1 page|
- Essays must be submitted and formatted in Microsoft Word.
- In-text citations must be made in APA (seventh edition).
- 5 teams to be awarded
*Less than 5 teams may be selected depending on the quality of entries
- Grand Prize (1 team): KRW 2,000,000
- Second Prize (2 teams): KRW 1,000,000
- Third Prize (2 teams): KRW 500,000
- Selected teams will be invited to a webinar to present their essays
- Selected winning essays will be considered for publication
All eligible entries received will be assessed by a qualified panel of judges chosen by the organizers.
- All requirements must be submitted electronically by the submission deadline on http://bit.do/2020akessay
- Reference materials must be properly cited. About the plagiarism policy, refer to www.plagiarism.org.
- Only original and unpublished essays will be considered for evaluation.
- For any inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org