Job Posting 2022-06-13
[Job Posting] Project Assistant
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is seeking a Project Assistant of ASEAN and Korean nationality to assist the organization, coordination and implementation of PR Projects (Media Relations, Digital Communications, Website Operation, Online Publications, etc.) under the IDU* of the ASEAN-Korea Centre.
* Information and Data Unit (IDU) is in charge of Public Relations (media and digital communication, website and online publications) and P2P/Academic Exchanges (Next Generation programs including youth related activities and Information Exchange programs including academic seminars etc.)
About the Organization
The ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC) is an Intergovernmental Organization mandated to promote economic and socio-cultural cooperation between Korea and the 10 ASEAN Member States. With a vision to build a lasting and genuine partnership between ASEAN and Korea, the programs of the AKC are geared towards increasing trade, promoting investment, invigorating tourism and expanding culture and people-to-people exchanges. The Centre is located in Seoul and the main language of operation is English and Korean. Please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on AKC’s programs.
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Position||Duties and responsibilities||Expected start date|
|Project Assistant of Information and Data Unit (IDU)|
Assist in Centre’s work programs to promote public understanding of ASEAN-Korea relations and raise organizational profile by utilizing various media tools
This includes among others, but not limited to the following:
ㆍ Supporting overall implementation of activities under PR programs;
ㆍ Supporting management of social media channels of AKC (Facebook, Instagram, Naver Blog, and YouTube)
ㆍ Supporting management of Naver Blog Reporters including review of blog contents in Korean and English
ㆍ Supporting press monitoring and other media-related tasks
ㆍ Supporting the drafting and translation of documents;
ㆍ Supporting other related administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution
- Relevant experience in digital communications, media relations, and international exchanges.
- Proficiency in graphic design and video editing skills with relevant experience.
* Submission of portfolio or final graphic/video production is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean.
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
Employment Period: 6 months
Gross Salary per month: KRW 2,144,440
* The above salary includes lunch and transportation allowance.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Club activity, etc.
- Starting Date: July 2022 (negotiable)
- Working Hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will be as follows:
- 1st round: Document review
- 2nd round: On-site English writing test and Interview
- 3rd round: Health screening
* Schedule may change depending on the number of applicants and the recruitment process. Candidates who pass each round will be notified individually. Those who pass the first round must bring their ID cards for the second round and arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
* We recommend that you submit the application before the final hour of the deadline to avoid network congestion, and make sure that your application has been successfully submitted.
How to Apply
- All applications will be received on-line via http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr
- Application Deadline: Until 18:00, July 1, 2022
* Applicants are fully responsible for the contents of their applications and may be disadvantaged if there are incorrect information/errors and omissions in the application.
- For further inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Documents to be submitted following final offer of employment
The documents below are to be submitted after the final offer
- Graduation Certificate (or certificate of enrollment if not yet graduated)
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate (if he or she has working experience)
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In the event of discovery of incorrect information/error and/or cheating in the application form and interview, the relevant applicant will be disqualified. In the event the discovery of such grounds for disqualification occurs after the results have been announced, the Centre will withdraw its final offer.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highest scoring applicant may be considered for employment.
- If, after the recruitment process, there is no suitable applicant, the Centre may decide not to make any employment offers and re-start the recruitment process.