Activities Development Planning & General Affairs Trade & Investment Culture & Tourism PR & Awareness ASEAN Hall
News Newsletter Press Releases
Job Posting 2023-02-10
[Job Posting] Project Assistant (ASEAN Hall Coordinator)
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is seeking a Project Assistant (ASEAN Hall Coordinator) of ASEAN and Korean nationality to organize, coordinate and implement programs of the ASEAN Hall* of the ASEAN-Korea Centre.
* ASEAN Hall is a multi-purpose facility utilized for the ASEAN School Tour and Youth Visit programs, exhibitions, lectures, seminars, and various other events that promote awareness and understanding of ASEAN and ASEAN-Korea relations.
About the Organization
The ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC) is an Intergovernmental Organization mandated to promote economic and socio-cultural cooperation between Korea and the 10 ASEAN Member States. With a vision to build a lasting and genuine partnership between ASEAN and Korea, the programs of the AKC are geared towards increasing trade, promoting investment, invigorating tourism, and expanding culture and people-to-people exchanges. The Centre is located in Seoul and the main language of operation is English and Korean. Please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on AKC’s programs.
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Position||Duties and responsibilities||Expected start date|
|Project Assistant (ASEAN Hall Coordinator)|
ASEAN Hall Coordinator is responsible for assisting the ASEAN Hall activities in carrying out the following duties:
ㆍ Plan and implement ASEAN Hall visit programs
ㆍ Draft and prepare presentations and educational materials for ASEAN Hall visit programs
ㆍ Coordinate events held in the ASEAN Halls
ㆍ Collaborate with Embassies and partner organizations to recruit speakers to the ASEAN Hall visit programs
ㆍ Acquire, organize, and manage ASEAN Hall collections/ resources and archive Centre’s publications
ㆍ Prepare ASEAN Hall reports
ㆍ Receive and handle questions from visitors to the ASEAN Hall
ㆍ Prepare administrative documents
ㆍ Develop and implement academic and information exchange programs of IDU (forums, workshops, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution
- Relevant experience in community outreach, public diplomacy, or related field in international (inter-governmental) organizations, national/international institutions, government organizations, and/or private companies is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean
- Proficiency in MS office and video/photo editing skills are preferred
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Employment Period: 6 months
- Gross Salary per month: KRW 2,240,580
*The above salary includes lunch and transportation allowance.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Club activity, etc.
- Starting Date: March 2023 (negotiable)
- Working Hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will be as follows:
- 1st round: Document review
- 2nd round: On-site English writing test and Interview
- 3rd round: Health screening
* Schedule may change depending on the number of applicants and the recruitment process. Candidates who pass each round will be notified individually. Those who pass the first round must bring their ID cards for the second round and arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
* We recommend that you submit the application before the final hour of the deadline to avoid network congestion, and make sure that your application has been successfully submitted.
How to Apply
- All applications will be received online via http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr
- Application Deadline: Until 18:00, February 20, 2023
* Applicants are fully responsible for the contents of their applications and may be disadvantaged if there are incorrect information/errors and omissions in the application.
- For further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents to be submitted following final offer of employment
The documents below are to be submitted after the final offer
- Graduation Certificate (or certificate of enrollment if not yet graduated)
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate (if he or she has working experience)
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX, and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In the event of discovery of incorrect information/error and/or cheating in the application form and interview, the relevant applicant will be disqualified. In the event the discovery of such grounds for disqualification occurs after the results have been announced, the Centre will withdraw its final offer.
- IFor any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highest scoring applicant may be considered for employment.
- If, after the recruitment process, there is no suitable applicant, the Centre may decide not to make any employment offers and re-start the recruitment process.