Activities Development Planning & General Affairs Trade & Investment Culture & Tourism PR & Awareness ASEAN Hall
News Newsletter Press Releases
[Job Posting] Project Assistant (CTU)
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is seeking a Project Assistant of Korean nationality to assist the organization, coordination and implementation of programs Culture and Tourism Unit (CTU) of the ASEAN-Korea Centre.
* Culture and Tourism Unit (CTU) programs are aimed to promote tourist destinations in ASEAN and provide related information, support the development of tourism industries of ASEAN Member States through capacity-building activities, and further promote cultural exchange towards increasing mutual understanding between ASEAN and Korea.
About the Organization
The ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC) is an Intergovernmental Organization mandated to promote economic and socio-cultural cooperation between Korea and the 10 ASEAN Member States. With a vision to build a lasting and genuine partnership between ASEAN and Korea, the programs of the AKC are geared towards increasing trade, promoting investment, invigorating tourism and expanding culture and people-to-people exchanges. The Centre is located in Seoul and the main language of operation is English and Korean. For more information, please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org).
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Position||Duties and responsibilities||Expected start date|
|Project Assistant of Culture and Tourism Unit (CTU)|
Assist in Centre’s work programs to promote culture and tourism exchanges and enhance mutual understanding between ASEAN and Korea.
This includes among others, but not limited to the following:
ㆍ Support planning and implementation of CTU’s activities
ㆍ Support communication with relevant organizations, stakeholders, etc.
ㆍ Research and monitor recent culture and tourism related trends and issues
ㆍ Collect and update data and information on culture and tourism
ㆍ Draft and translate documents
ㆍ Support logistics and other related administrative duties
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution
- Relevant experience in public diplomacy or related field in international (inter-governmental) organizations, national/international institutions, government organizations and/or private companies is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean
- Proficiency in MS office and video/photo editing skills are preferred
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Employment Period: 1 person x 6 months
- Gross Salary per month: KRW 2,240,580 (and above)
* The above salary includes lunch and transportation allowance.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Club activity, etc.
- Starting Date: 27 March 2023 (negotiable)
- Working Hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00-13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will be as follows:
- 1st round: Document review
* Please be sure to apply before the submission due date to prevent network congestion, and make sure to check that your application has been successfully applied.
- 2nd round: On-site English writing test and Interview
* The schedule is subject to change, according to the number of applicants and the recruitment progress. Those who passed the first screening will be notified individually, and must arrive 10 minutes early for the interview and writing test with the ID card in hand.
- Final result
* The final result will be notified individually to the selected candidates.
* There will be a Health Screening process for the final candidate before the start date.
How to Apply
- All applications will be received on-line via http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr
- Application Deadline: Until 23:59, 12 March 2023 (Sunday)
* Applicants are fully responsible for the contents of their applications and may be disadvantaged if the application has incorrect or false information not to mention errors and omissions.
- For further inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Documents to be submitted following final offer of employment
The documents below are to be submitted after the final offer
- Graduation Certificate (or certificate of enrollment if not yet graduated)
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate (if he or she has working experience)
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In case there has been an error in filling out the application form, the applicants will be subject to unfavorable measures. If there has been found any grounds for disqualification (false allegations of qualification, health issues, etc.), the Centre may withdraw from the notification of the final result, even in case the results have already been announced.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highest scoring applicant may be considered for employment.
- If, after the recruitment process, there is no suitable applicant, the Centre may decide not to make any employment offers and re-start the recruitment process.