Job Posting 2022-07-15
[Job Posting] Assistant Officer (CTU)
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is currently seeking for Assistant Officer in Culture and Tourism Unit of ASEAN and Korean nationality to organize and implement programs of the ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC).
The ASEAN Korea Centre is an intergovernmental organization established with the aim to promote economic and socio-cultural exchanges among Korea and the ten ASEAN member states. AKC implements various projects to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between the two regions through increasing trade volume, investment promotion, invigorating tourism and cultural exchange. Please visit the website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on the projects of the Centre and details of the organization.
- Assistant Officer in Culture and Tourism Unit (CTU)
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Position||Duties and responsibilities||Expected start date|
|Assistant Officer in Culture and Tourism Unit (CTU)|
ㆍ Develop and implement culture and tourism related programs and activities
ㆍ Research and information gathering on ASEAN’s culture and tourism related issues
ㆍ Administrative tasks for the programs
- Bachelor's degree in Culture or Tourism, International Relations, International Studies, Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution. Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience in related fields in international (inter-governmental) organizations, national/international institutions, government organizations and/or private companies is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean; knowledge of another ASEAN languages is an advantage.
- Should follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Fixed-term contract of 1 year
* Contract may be extended after one year following review of work performance, etc.
* The conversion to Permanent can be proceeded in accordance with the performance review and competency during the contract period.
- Gross Salary per annum: KRW 38,000,000 and above
* The above salary includes lunch allowance and transportation allowance.
* Performance Incentives scheme may be applicable based on merit.
* The salary can be changed depending on the qualifications and prior work experiences.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Welfare card, Medical Examination, Club Activity, etc.
- Expected starting date: mid-August 2022 (Negotiable)
- Working hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will follow the step of:
- 1st round: Document review
* Please be sure to apply before the submission due date to prevent network congestion, and make sure to check that your application has been successfully applied.
- 2nd round: English writing test and In-person Interview
* The schedule can be changed according to the number of applicants and the recruitment progress. Successful candidates for the first screening and the final will be notified individually. Those who passed the first screening must bring their ID card on the second screening and arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
- Final result
* The final result will be notified individually to the selected candidates.
* There will be a Health Screening process for the final candidate before the start date.
How to Apply
- Application should be submitted on-line (http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr)
- Application Deadline: 28 July 2022, 17:00
* Submitted applications will not be returned, and applicants are fully responsible for any disadvantages that may incur due to errors and omissions in the information provided.
- For any other inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
The required documents below are to be submitted after the final offer.
- Graduation Certificate
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In case there has been an error in filling out the application form, the applicants will be subject to unfavorable measures. If there has been found any grounds for disqualification (false allegations of qualification, health issues, etc.), the Centre may withdraw from the notification of the final result, even in case the results have already been announced.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highly scored applicant may be determined to fill in the vacancy.
- Applicants may not be employed if there is no suitable applicant.
- Documents will not be returned to the applicants and will not be used for other purposes.