[Job Posting] Officer
The ASEAN-Korea Centre is seeking an Officer of ASEAN and Korean nationality with proven experience in public relations to organize and implement PR activities of the ASEAN-Korea Centre.
The ASEAN Korea Centre (AKC) is an Intergovernmental Organization mandated to promote economic and socio-cultural cooperation between Korea and the 10 ASEAN Member States. With a vision to build a lasting and genuine partnership between ASEAN and Korea, the programs of the AKC are geared towards increasing trade, promoting investment, invigorating tourism and expanding culture and people-to-people exchanges. The Centre is located in Seoul and the main language of operation is English and Korean. Please visit our website (https://www.aseankorea.org) for more information on AKC´s programs.
Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description
|Unit||Duties and responsibilities|
Information and Data Unit (IDU)*
- Develop and implement media and social media strategies
- Coordinate and create content (text posts, viral videos, graphic images, etc.) for AKC’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Operate AKC blog reporters (recruitment, content review, etc.)
- Plan and implement interviews, PR campaigns, promotional activities and public events
- Build and strengthen partnerships with media/social media partners in ASEAN and Korea and organize media-related programs (forum, invitation programs, etc.)
- Prepare/distribute press releases and PR materials on AKC’s programs/activities and track media coverage
- Prepare PR reports
* Note : Information and Data Unit (IDU) is in charge of Public Relations (media and digital communication, website and online publications) and P2P/Academic Exchanges (Next Generation programs including youth related activities and Information Exchange programs including academic seminars etc.)
- Bachelor´s degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Political Science, International Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution. Master´s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Three to five years of proven experience in PR & Communication or related fields in international (inter-governmental) organizations,
national/international instiutions, government organizations and/or private companies.
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Korean; proficiency in MS office and social media skills (video/photo editing etc.)
- Shlould follow under Article 33 of the Public Officials Act and not be disqualified from overseas travel.
- Fixed-term contract of 1 year
* contract may be extended after one year following review of work performance.
- Gross Salary per annum: KRW 38,000,000~ KRW 42,000,000
* The above salary includes lunch and transportation allowance. Salary will vary depending on previous professional experience and skills of the candidate.
- Benefits: 4 Major insurances, Welfare card, Medical Examination, Club activity, etc.
- starting date: Early April (exact date negotiable)
- Working hours: 09:00-18:00, Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00
- Location: 8th fl., 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 04520
The recruitment process will be as follows: the step of
- 1st round: Document review
- 2nd round: On-site English writing test and Interview (6 April 2021)
- 3rd round: Health screening
* Schedule may change depending on the number of applicants and the recruitment process. Candidates who pass each round will be notified individually. Those who pass the first round must bring their ID cards for the second round and arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
* We recommend that you submit the application before the final hour of the deadline to avoid network congestion, and make sure that your application has been succesfully submitted.
How to Apply
- All Applications will be received on-line via (http://aseankorea.saramin.co.kr)
- Application Deadline: Until 18:00 of Thursday, March 25, 2021
* Applicants are fully responsible for the contents of thier applications and may be disadvantaged if there are incorrect information/errors and omissions in the application.
- For further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents to be submitted following final offer of employment
The documents below are to be submitted after the final offer
- Graduation Certificate
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Career/Employment Certificate
- Certificate for English Proficiency
* In principle, TOEIC certificate should be submitted, but if not available, TEPS, TOEFL, IBT, G-TELP, FLEX and other English-speaking tests may be submitted.
- In the event of discovery of incorrect information/error and/or cheating in the application form and interview, the relevant applicant will be disqualified. In the event the discovery of such grounds for disqualification occurs after the results have been announced, the Centre will withdraw its final offer.
- For any cancellation of acceptance or disqualification for employment, the next highly scoring applicant may be considered for employment.
- If, after the recruitment process, there is no suitable applicant, the Centre may decide not to make any employment offers and re-start the recruitment process.